Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Nicolas Cage's son Weston who gets $7.3K a month from dad claims people try to 'exploit' his family, stops short of naming ex-wife Hila

2023-06-10 17:46
While Weston did not specifically name his ex-wife Hila, his statement comes after she filed a lawsuit seeking additional spousal and child support
Nicolas Cage's son Weston who gets $7.3K a month from dad claims people try to 'exploit' his family, stops short of naming ex-wife Hila

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Weston Cage Coppola, the son of renowned actor Nicolas Cage, has taken to Instagram to expose what he claims to be ongoing attempts by "various materialistic people" to exploit his family's fame and fortune. In a heartfelt Instagram post titled 'Justice For Weston Starts Now,' the 32-year-old opened up about his personal struggles, sobriety, and a contentious legal battle with Hila Coppola Cage, the mother of his twin daughters, over spousal and child support.

Weston, whose great-uncle is Oscar-winning 'Apocalypse Now' director Francis Ford Coppola, expressed his frustration stating, "People that meet us have a false fantasy that my father, uncles, and I will be catering to their dreams of making people famous or that we have money growing on trees to hand out." He also revealed that his father provides him with a monthly allowance of $7,300, which is signficantly less than what Hila is demanding.

Weston Cage Coppola's ongoing legal battle over spousal and child support

Weston married real estate broker Hila in 2018. Prior to that, he tied the knot with Danielle Cage from 2013 to 2016 and Nikki Williams from 2011 to 2012. He added, "When their fantasies are squashed, they hold us hostage with smear campaigns that certain journalists live to be the first to cover the drama," the post read, as reported by Daily Mail. The post seems to have vanished from Weston's feed since the article came out.

Although Weston did not explicitly mention his ex-wife, Hila, in the post, it coincides with her lawsuit seeking increased spousal and child support. Hila has requested an additional $4,634 per month, along with $30,000 in legal fees, to engage a prominent lawyer for her case.

In Weston's legal declaration, he argues that the $7,300 monthly allowance from his father is a fraction of the amount sought by Hila. The legal dispute between Weston and Hila began earlier this year, focusing on financial support for their two-year-old twins, Venice and Cyress.

Weston Cage Coppola reveals plans for 'explosive' documentary

Hila has claimed that Weston leads a "lavish lifestyle", supported by monthly trust fund payments of $16,666 and income from acting engagements. However, Weston maintains that his income is solely derived from the $7,300 allowance provided by his father, a portion of which goes toward child support.

Sharing his personal struggles, Weston drew parallels to actor Johnny Depp, who recently won a defamation case against his ex-wife Amber Heard. Weston stated, "This is why Johnny Depp had to prove himself innocent in the unconstitutional state of California. 'It's all guilty until proven innocent.'"

He also revealed plans for a documentary that would reveal the truth about his life and expose individuals he believes have entered his life with an "agenda". Weston said, "I will have a documentary and biopic that will feature evidence of who I am, my talents and all the wrongdoings and wrongdoers of my life by shining light to the truth and no longer the myth."