Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Amouranth accuses Pokimane of clout chasing amid xQc drama: 'I’m not trying to hate on her'

2023-06-22 18:51
Amouranth signed a deal with Kick, a Twitch competitor, and accused Pokimane of pursuing clout while attempting to maintain credibility
Amouranth accuses Pokimane of clout chasing amid xQc drama: 'I’m not trying to hate on her'

HOUSTON, TEXAS: Kaitlyn "Amouranth" signed an agreement with Kick, a competitor platform to Twitch, causing quite the uproar. Amidst the Kick vs Twitch controversy, she commented on the ongoing debate between Pokimane and xQc that has dominated the streaming market. She also accused Pokimane of chasing clout amidst the xQc drama.

According to the former Twitch streamer, Pokimane is aiming to create credibility and stay relevant by pushing herself into the Kick discussion during the uproar over xQc's $100 million deal with the platform.

'She was trying to farm clout and relevancy'

Pokimane went live on her channel and discussed Kick's ties to the cryptocurrency gaming platform Stake. Amouranth, who signed a deal the day after xQc, believes the Moroccan-Canadian star is using the situation to gain clout.

The two argued on stream after Pokimane stated that she would never join Kick. She said, “I am good as I am. Why would I compromise my morals and ethics for more money when I have money? Something about that is so cringe to me personally.”

Following this, Amouranth commented on the clip during her own stream, noting that she believes Pokimane's statements are due to her wish to regain importance following her less frequent streaming and shift toward travelling.

In a video that has gone viral on social media, Amouranth can be heard saying, "I don't think this is true. I think the reason that she mentioned him was because she was trying to farm clout and relevancy in an era where she doesn't really have any at the moment. Like the Twitch base, you know? Because she has been AFK so much."

'I’m not trying to hate on her'

xQc's $100 million Kick agreement has sparked much debate in the online community, with many congratulating the streamer on "getting the bag." Some of his fellow video makers, though, have criticized Kick because it is controlled by the same individuals as Stake.com, a contentious cryptocurrency gambling website that was recently banned in Greece for providing unregulated content.

While Ed Craven, one of Kick's co-founders, has spoken out against this depiction, the link has prompted people like Pokimane to openly criticize Kick. The former Twitch streamer has also lately faced backlash after stating that she would never use the platform because it would "compromise her morals."

However, Amouranth claims that the Twitch star has become embroiled in the controversy in order to maintain a consistent number of views despite not streaming as much as she used to, "So she just comes back and involves herself in the drama to be part of the discussion still, so she can keep getting views and traveling and not really streaming much."

Amouranth made it clear that she was not hating on Pokimane and praised her for what she was doing. She added, "It's smart, like, I'm not trying to hate on her. It's just, I think that's the actual reason."

'Streamer culture is built on clout chasing'

Reddit users had a lot to say about Amouranth's video. A user wrote in response, "Streamer culture is built on clout chasing they’re all clout chasers so idk why amo isn’t acting like her viewers didn’t go down too when she live all day everyday vs poki who goes live like once a week for valorant." Another commentator added, "Thot is jealous another girl made it big without selling her dignity lmao." "Amo felt personally attacked when Poki mentioned people with money going to kick being morally bankrupt. Truth must hurt, she’s worth tens of millions and is still chasing more," someone else said.

Comment
by u/FantasticWinter7073 from discussion Amouranth says Pokimane involved herself into the drama just to farm clout and more relevancy after she fell off on twitch
in LivestreamFail Comment
by u/Lotusjuice27 from discussion Amouranth says Pokimane involved herself into the drama just to farm clout and more relevancy after she fell off on twitch
in LivestreamFail Comment
by u/csprm977 from discussion Amouranth says Pokimane involved herself into the drama just to farm clout and more relevancy after she fell off on twitch
in LivestreamFail