Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘Today’ host Carson Daly reveals major gig away from NBC show following continued absence

2023-09-12 16:57
Carson Daly revealed on Friday his participation in the upcoming Mental Wealth Expo in New York City next month
‘Today’ host Carson Daly reveals major gig away from NBC show following continued absence

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Today’ host Carson Daly recently announced an exciting career news away from the NBC show. He reportedly accepted a new gig and will be taking part in the Mental Wealth Expo in New York City next month.

On Friday, Daly took to his Instagram to share the news with his followers and revealed that he had signed for a new project.

This came following Daly’s on-and-off absence from the daytime program for the last few weeks without any explanation.

During his absence, Sheinelle Jones, Dylan Dreyer, and Jacob Soboroff filled in for him.

What is Carson Daly’s new project?

Carson Daly revealed on Friday his participation in the upcoming Mental Wealth Expo in New York City next month.

The event boasts a lineup of speakers, including the ‘Today’ show host, and centers around the themes of "mental health and healing education," as depicted in the promotional image he shared on his Instagram.

In his caption, Daly expressed, “All of these faces are my fellow warriors on the front lines of the war on Mental Health. I’m honored to join them Oct 7th in NYC for #MentalWealthExpo.”

He added, “Shout out to @cthagod for the invite. I see you too @dralfiee Let’s get into it! 💪🏼”

Charlamagne tha God, the well-known radio host and celebrity lead for the Mental Wealth Expo, commented on Daly’s post, “Happy to Have You Sir!!!! Let’s keep eradicating the stigma around mental health by telling our stories!!!!”

Charlamagne tha God also expressed his excitement as he posted the same poster.

He highlighted in the caption, “It Is A Privilege and Honor to bring the 3rd Annual #MentalWealthExpo to the people again this year!!”

He continued, “October 7th at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square from 11 am to 4pm a day of mental health education and healing courtesy of this incredible panel of mental health professionals and advocates!!! This event is FREE and open to all Ages!!! Link for more information in my bio!!! #InvestInYourMentalWealth💚”

Carson Daly’s mental health struggles

Carson Daly has been open and candid about his mental health journey with his fans. During an interview while celebrating his 50th birthday, he revealed that he now feels better than he did in his 20s.

He had struggled with undiagnosed generalized anxiety disorder when he began his broadcasting career at 23, describing feelings of panic and unease.

However, once he received a diagnosis, he was able to manage his stress through cognitive behavioral therapy and gaining tools to work through his anxiety.