Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Ska legends announce first album in 7 years, drop new song C'est La Vie

2023-09-28 19:17
Madness will release their 13th studio album, 'Theatre Of the Absurd Presents C’est La Vie', in November.
Ska legends announce first album in 7 years, drop new song C'est La Vie

Madness have announced their first album in seven years, 'Theatre Of the Absurd Presents C’est La Vie'.

The Ska legends have shared the new song ‘C’est La Vie’, which just so happens to be about wanting to hide away from the "madness" of the world.

Composer and keyboard-wrangler Mike ‘Barso’ Barson said it's “about these crazy times we’re living in, and how I just want to stay on my boat and not be a part of all this madness. But of course, I’m a member of a group called Madness. Perhaps we should have called ourselves ‘Sanity’…”

The new collection was recorded in an industrial unit in Cricklewood, London, after a "disparate couple of years which saw the band at their most polarised and fragmented."

BAFTA-winning superfan, Martin Freeman, 52, plays a central role in telling the story of the record as he recorded the prologue running throughout.

The 'Hobbit' star became friends with Suggs and co after standing in a meet and greet queue for the 'It Must Be Love' band and being fast-tracked to meet them by Madness' manager.

The record also marks the first time the band have self-produced a record with assistance from engineer and mixer Matt Galsbey.

Madness said of the LP: "Well, well, well, here we are... Our thirteenth album (lucky for some) Theatre Of the Absurd Presents C’Est La Vie is ready for your ears. For us, recording it was the perfect antidote to the chaos of the past few years - we were all there, properly in the zone. It was just us, in an industrial unit in Cricklewood, playing together. We loved it!”

The 'Baggy Trousers' band's last record was 2016's ‘Can’t Touch Us Now’, however, they released the soundtrack LP ‘The Get Up!’ last year.

'Theatre Of the Absurd Presents C’est La Vie' is released on November 17, the band will also embark on the 'C’est La Vie' 2023 UK tour the same month.

The album is available on double vinyl and CD with a limited crystal clear vinyl sold through HMV and indie stores.

Head to www.madness.co.uk for the full tour dates.

'Theatre Of the Absurd Presents C’est La Vie' track-listing:

1. Theatre Of The Absurd

2. If I Go Mad

3. Baby Burglar

4. C'est La Vie

5. What On Earth Is It (You Take Me For?)

6. Hour Of Need

7. Round We Go

8. Lockdown And Frack Off

9. Beginners 101

10. Is There Anybody Out There?

11. The Law According to Dr. Kippah

12. Run For Your Life

13. Set Me Free (Let Me Be)

14. In My Street