Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who was Jenean Chapman? Sarah Ferguson reveals her long-time personal assistant was murdered in Texas

2023-09-30 16:47
James Patrick, 48, was arrested on suspicion of murder of Jenean Chapman, Duchess Sarah Ferguson's personal assisstant
Who was Jenean Chapman? Sarah Ferguson reveals her long-time personal assistant was murdered in Texas

DALLAS, TEXAS: The tragic and untimely murder of Jenean Chapman, a former personal assistant to Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, unfolded when her lifeless body was discovered in her Dallas apartment on Monday, September 25.

The Duchess expressed she was "shocked and saddened" upon hearing the news of Chapman's death saying, "I am shocked and saddened to learn that Jenean Chapman, who worked with me as my personal assistant many years ago, has been murdered in Dallas aged just 46." A suspect is in custody.

Was Jenean Chapman murdered?

The shocking news of Chapman's murder came just five months after she relocated to Dallas. According to reports, her lifeless body was discovered at her Elm Street apartment by local authorities. Initially classified as "unexplained," a subsequent post-mortem examination determined her death to be a homicide.

On Wednesday, a 48-year-old man named James Patrick was arrested by police in Austin, Texas, on suspicion of her murder. As Patrick remains in custody, questions surrounding the motive and circumstances of the crime continue to unfold.

Sarah Ferguson pays tribute to Jenean Chapman

In a heartfelt statement posted on her Instagram page, the Duchess of York expressed, "My heart breaks for her family and friends. I heard from her just a couple of months ago, and she seemed so happy. Jenean was loyal, hardworking, beautiful and fun and my heart breaks for her family and friends."

I heard from her just a couple of months ago and she seemed so happy. Her family is raising money to transport her body back to New York City and pay for legal and funeral costs," she added.

Chapman's journey was one marked by dedication and achievement. After graduating from New York's Syracuse University with a degree in TV, film, and production, she embarked on a career that ultimately led her to work alongside British royalty.

Her LinkedIn profile reveals that she served as a personal assistant to Ferguson for four years, between 2001 and 2005, where she handled the Duchess's travel, press, tour plans, and other responsibilities.

Tags news