Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Neil Patrick Harris had to apologize after serving Amy Winehouse's 'corpse' at a dinner party in 2011

2023-05-31 12:23
Photos of the 'disturbing' prank re-emerged on social media in 2022 and Neil Patrick Harris called his actions 'regrettable'
Neil Patrick Harris had to apologize after serving Amy Winehouse's 'corpse' at a dinner party in 2011

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: On July 23, 2011, Amy Winehouse died, leaving fans heartbroken and the world shocked. The Grammy Award-winning singer, who delivered hits such as 'Back to Black', 'Rehab' and 'Me and Mr Jones', died due to alcohol poisoning. A few months later, Neil Patrick Harris and his husband, David Burtka, hosted an elaborate Halloween dinner with a "grotesque" display. The actor and his husband had set up a meat platter resembling the late 'Stronger Than Me' singer's corpse.

Even though the party took place in 2011, pictures of the said platter resurfaced in 2022, leading to Harris issuing an apology. According to Entertainment Weekly, the 'How I Met Your Mother' star called his actions "regrettable." The actor and his husband are currently getting ready to be judges on Hulu's 'Drag Me To Dinner'.

'The Corpse of Amy Winehouse'

Speaking about the dinner party incident, Harris and Burtka had attached a note to the platter that read, "The Corpse of Amy Winehouse." The note added that the platter consisted of beef ribs, pulled pork and chicken sausage in a spicy BBQ sauce.

In a statement to EW, Harris said, "A photo recently resurfaced from a Halloween-themed party my husband and I hosted 11 years ago. It was regrettable then, and it remains regrettable now. Amy Winehouse was a once-in-a-generation talent, and I'm sorry for any hurt this image caused."

Several people were fuming and called the prank "disturbing" and "cruel." The photo was first shared by 'Modern Family' star Jesse Tyler Ferguson's husband Justin Mikita, but it was later deleted.

Winehouse has won seven Grammy awards in her lifetime. The 2015 documentary, 'Amy', which was based on her life, won an Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature.

What is 'Drag Me To Dinner' about?

According to Deadline, 'Drag Me To Dinner' is a "riotous, format-busting, fourth-wall-breaking, unapologetic sendup of traditional reality competition shows." Hulu's 10-episode show, which will premiere on May 31, will feature two teams of accomplished drag queens competing to organize the most amazing and "drag-tastical" dinner parties ever. The series will feature 40 prominent drag queens.

Harris, Burtka, drag icon Bianca Del Rio and Haneefah Wood will serve as judges. It will be hosted by Murray Hill from 'Somebody, Somewhere'. David Burtka, the show's producer, announced that each episode will feature a different topic. Teams will concentrate on various factors, including the food, drinks, design and general atmosphere.

Tags news epcelebs