Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fans slam 'Jeopardy!' contestant David Bederman as he fails to guess easy pop culture clue about Shakira: 'Where do they find these people'

2023-07-20 15:19
David Bederman's failure to answer the question was even more shocking considering his side job as a DJ
Fans slam 'Jeopardy!' contestant David Bederman as he fails to guess easy pop culture clue about Shakira: 'Where do they find these people'

CULVER CITY, CALIFORNIA: 'Jeopardy!' fans, while consistently dedicated to the show, are perhaps one of the harshest critics of every contestant's performance on the show. From their ability to make it through the rounds of trivia to their adaptability as contestants of one of the most popular game shows, the fans break down every single detail.

One of the contestants, returning champ David Bederman, was quick to come under fire from the fans when he stumbled upon an easy pop culture clue and failed to guess it. Many of them called him out on Twitter as they couldn't believe he was not able to figure out that the clue's answer was Shakira.

'Jeopardy!' contestant David Bederman messes up easy question

The clue was from the Double Jeopardy category Musical Menagerie. Worth $800, the clue said, "'Nocturnal creatures are not so prudent, the moon's my teacher and I'm her student' is from her song called 'She Wolf'". The clue was also followed up by a video of the singer Shakira performing at a concert.

It was quite shocking when Bederman answered wrongly, thinking that the answer was Sia despite the very obvious visual evidence of the clue. Shakira and Sia have very distinct artistic brands so it was further surprising that he would guess that as the answer. Fellow contestant Liz Cotrufello then gave the correct answer, adding a good amount to her impressive score. While host Ken Jennings was not obvious about it, his tone when accepting Cotrufello's answer made it clear that he was surprised by Bederman's blunder too.

'Where do they find these people'

Fans were, without a doubt, baffled by what Bederman had done. The clue was not at all difficult, especially for its prize as it was worth $800. One fan took to Twitter to call out the 'Jeopardy!' contestant and said, "I always feel bad for not knowing clues on Jeopardy but then the contestants get basic pop culture clues wrong — with the photos, mind you! — & I don’t feel bad anymore, idc." Another one also expressed their shock with the tweet, "This man on jeopardy just guessed sia and it was fully SHAKIRA!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DONT KNOW SHAKIRA?!!" Several others were also not happy with Bederman as a third fan said, "David confusing Sia for THE SHAKIRA is egregious." Another fan questioned the game show saying, "The guy on jeopardy thought shakira was sia??? Where do they find these people."

It was even more shocking for the viewers because it was previously revealed that Bederman was a musician himself and had a side job as a DJ. One fan shared, "This drummer on jeopardy be like “what is sheeeaa?” Shakira bro. It’s Shakira." It's unfortunate that despite his great performance on the trivia show so far, he doesn't seem to be winning the hearts of the fans. One went on to say, "This dude david on jeopardy keeps moving his hand before he talks which is stressing me out and called shakira sia. i can’t with him."