Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Everything is going to be okay': Sofia Vergara says it has been a 'very difficult' and 'weird' year amid Joe Manganiello split

2023-11-18 03:25
'I don’t know if I’m fresh anymore, but I’m just excited,' said Sofia Vergara
'Everything is going to be okay': Sofia Vergara says it has been a 'very difficult' and 'weird' year amid Joe Manganiello split

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Sofia Vergara has opened up about her challenging but intriguing year which included her divorce from Joe Manganiello and a long SAG-AFTRA strike.

The actress spoke to People at her Toty Transforma AHA launch party on Thursday, November 16, in Los Angeles, and shared her hopes for the next year.

Sofia Vergara on her divorce and the SAG-AFTRA strike

The 51-year-old star revealed that she went through a divorce this year from Manganiello, whom she married in 2015.

She also faced the impact of the SAG-AFTRA strike which lasted for almost four months and affected many film and TV projects.

"I’ve had a very interesting year,” Vergara said, adding “I don’t want to say ‘bad’ or anything like that, but it’s been very interesting and very difficult.”

She further said, “I went through a divorce this year, the SAG strike that went on for so long."

She also shared that she saw her friends struggle with various issues such as taking their children out of their schools or having problems with their mortgages. “It’s been a weird, weird year,” she said.

Sofia Vergara on her new Netflix show 'Griselda'

Despite the difficulties, Vergara said that she was excited for the next year, especially for her new Netflix show 'Griselda' which premieres in January.

The show is based on the life of Colombian drug lord Griselda Blanco who was also known as the 'Godmother of Cocaine.'

Vergara plays the lead role and also serves as an executive producer. “I start the world press tour right after New Year’s [Eve], so I’m ready for that. It’s going to be exciting,” she said.

Is Sofia Vergara having a fresh start at 51?

When asked if she thought that 2024 would be a “fresh start” for her, Vergara told People, “I hope so," but added, “I don’t know if there’s such a thing as a fresh start at 51."

“I don’t know if I’m fresh anymore, but I’m just excited,” Vergara said.

"I’m excited for the TV show that is coming. I’m excited for Toty, which has been doing really well since we started and people are loving it because it’s such a good quality product," she added.

Tags news