Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Learning to smile': Ray Liotta's fiancee Jacy Nittolo pays tribute one year after his sudden death

2023-05-27 03:20
'It’s been a heavy year of pain, heartache, healing, growing, and accepting what is,' said Jacy Nittolo
'Learning to smile': Ray Liotta's fiancee Jacy Nittolo pays tribute one year after his sudden death

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: A year has passed since Ray Liotta died, but his fiancee Jacy Nittolo still feels his presence in her heart. Nittolo shared a collage of memories on Instagram, showing the happy moments they had shared as lovers and as a family.

On May 26, 2022, the 'Goodfellas' star died at 67, while vacationing in the Dominican Republic. Nittolo, 48, posted pictures of her cozying up with Liotta on Instagram on Friday. She also opened up about her journey of healing and how she handled her grief after losing him.

READ MORE

Ray Liotta's cause of death: Official autopsy report released a year after actor died in his sleep

'Is that Ray Liotta?' Fans claim the 'Goodfellas' star looked 'unrecognizable' before tragic death at 67

'My entire world unexpectedly turned upside down'

"A year ago today I was on a flight home from the Dominican Republic by myself in shock," she wrote on Instagram along with the pictures. "My entire world unexpectedly turned upside down," she continued before adding "I’ll never forget the beautiful woman, a complete stranger, who sat next to me and didn’t say a word. She gently grabbed and held my hand the entire flight as I cried and looked out the window. When we landed she looked at me and said everything is going to be ok. You are going to be ok." She further expressed, "I walked off the plane and met Ray's sister for a connecting flight to LA and I don’t know what I would have done without Linda that night."

'It’s been a heavy year of pain'

Nittolo further talked about how she is now to accepting things despite pain and heartache, "It’s been a heavy year of pain, heartache, healing, growing, and accepting what is. Learning to smile at what was. It supposedly gets easier with time. No time will change a loss so great. You just learn to live with it and keep going, trusting that all will be ok. Karsen, Dax, Chazz, Jade, and Joey…. You keep me going every single day. 20 years ago today of all days my grandmother passed away. She helped raise me. She was the other love of my life and one of my favorites of all time. Both on 5/26 "

'He was the most beautiful person inside and out that I’ve ever known'

Last year, two days after Liotta's death "My life these past couple of years have been nothing but truly magical. Ray and I share a deep love that I will cherish in my heart forever. We laughed daily and we were inseparable. The chemistry was wild in the best way. He was everything in the world to me and we couldn’t get enough of each other. The kind of real love that one dreams of. He was the most beautiful person inside and out that I’ve ever known…and even that is an understatement."

Tags news