Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Guerdy Abraira cancer-free? ‘RHOM’ star rings the bell after successful chemotherapy

2023-11-01 13:56
Guerdy Abraira will share her emotional journey since her breast cancer diagnosis on 'RHOM' Season 6
Is Guerdy Abraira cancer-free? ‘RHOM’ star rings the bell after successful chemotherapy

MIAMI, FLORIDA: In her recent Instagram post, 'RHOM' star Guerdy Abraira enthusiastically shared the news that she's now cancer-free, and her chemotherapy treatments have fortunately been a resounding success.

The star of the show is doing great just over a month after completing her last round of chemotherapy.

She expressed her gratitude upon completing chemotherapy, saying, "Last chemo round!!! On to 20 rounds of radiation, but that’s a cakewalk compared to this!!!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR KEEPING ME IN YOUR PRAYERS. Thank you also to my amazing oncology team and chemo nurses at @mhshospital (I love you Rose, best nurse ever)."

Abraira has confirmed that she is already feeling back to her normal self and is grateful for her remarkable recovery. She opened up about her diagnosis in an interview with NBC 6, where she announced she is now cancer-free and finishing up radiation treatment.

‘RHOM’ star Guerdy Abraira diagnosed with breast cancer in May 2023

This summer, the 'RHOM' Guerdy Abraira disclosed her breast cancer diagnosis, making the announcement via an Instagram post on May 10.

Guerdy shared the news, stating, "In March, I found out some news about my health. I was in St. Barts having the time of my life when my doctor called me with results following a regular mammogram checkup. I have breast cancer."

She mentioned the time she took off from social media in response to the diagnosis, expressing gratitude for the support of her concerned followers. Following a routine mammogram checkup, the medical team informed her of the diagnosis, assuring her she would recover.

"Medically speaking, I was told you’re going to be OK, you’re going to get through this, so I said to myself, 'If I’m going to get through this and be OK and see the light, I have to show the dark too,'" Abraira stated to NBC 6.

‘RHOM’ star Guerdy Abraira will share her battle with cancer on ‘RHOM’ Season 6

In the upcoming season of 'RHOM' 6, Abraira will bravely share her cancer journey and emotional triumph. Her powerful storyline is expected to inspire others to prioritize their health.

Since the release of the super teaser of Season 6, the reality star has been vocal about her battle and has openly shared her journey with her fellow cast members.

Guerdy Abraira's breast cancer diagnosis, which she received in March, will take center stage in this new season, alongside the aftermath of Lisa Hochstein's divorce. Abraira will undergo surgery and treatment, and her story is poised to be a poignant and motivating aspect of the show.

‘RHOM’ star Guerdy Abraira and husband Russell Abraira were high school lovers

Guerdy and Russell had known each other for a couple of years before they started dating during their senior year of high school. Six years into their relationship, Russell proposed during a romantic nighttime beach stroll.

Their wedding took place on November 16, 2002, at St. Bernard de Clairvaux Monastery in North Miami Beach. The couple has been happily married for 21 years and is blessed with two sons.

Russell is a dedicated firefighter, holding the position of chief in the city of Miami. Guerdy explained that his work schedule typically consists of 24-hour shifts followed by 48 hours off.

Season 6 of 'The Real Housewives of Miami' is set to premiere on November 1, 2023, at 9/8c on Bravo.

Tags news