Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Elizabeth Debicki opens up about playing Princess Diana in 'The Crown', says she 'learned a lot'

2023-11-14 03:23
Princess Diana tragically lost her life in a car crash on August 31, 1997, after being chased by photographers in Paris’ Pont de l'Alma tunnel
Elizabeth Debicki opens up about playing Princess Diana in 'The Crown', says she 'learned a lot'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Elizabeth Debicki has provided an insight about playing Princess Diana in the highly popular Netflix series 'The Crown.' Speaking at the Season 6 premiere of the show in Los Angeles on Saturday, November 11, Debicki, 33, said that she “learned a lot” playing the late princess.

"I don't think you come anywhere near sort of learning as much as I learned about this character and not feel that the only thing worth doing in life is putting love into the world,” Debicki told People.

Elizabeth Debicki on what she discovered about Princess Diana’s personality

“I mean, I think I learned things about the degree to which she had an enormous and wicked sense of humor, the difficulties that she was facing, the way that she triumphed through them, the way she used her voice in a way that was sort of very progressive at the time,” Debicki told the outlet. “Yeah, I learned a lot.”

Princess Diana tragically lost her life in a car crash on August 31, 1997, after being chased by photographers in Paris’ Pont de l'Alma tunnel. The Australian actress looked chic in an off-shoulder black gown during Saturday's premiere. She also wore a pair of matching heels and let her hair down into a middle parting.

Debicki, who won the AACTA Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby, was also pictured posing alongside her on-screen sons Rufus Kampa and Fflyn Edwards, who play Prince William and Prince Harry.

Other cast members such as Khalid Abdalla, Luther Ford, Ed McVey, Meg Bellamy, and Jonathan Pryce also gathered for a group photo.

Season 6 is going to be the final season for 'The Crown'

Netflix premiered the official trailer for season 6 of 'The Crown' last month. It has been confirmed officially that it is going to be the show's final season.

The two-minute teaser featured many shots of Debicki as Princess Diana playing the piano, as well as her being photographed with love interest Dodi Fayed.

The first part of the final season will debut on November 16 on Netflix with four episodes, focusing on events surrounding Princess Diana’s death. But, according to the outlet, the fatal crash will not be shown in the series.

The season’s second part will air on December 14 with six episodes. The part is expected to highlight many storylines, including King Charles and Camilla's progression in their relationship, as well as Prince William and Kate Middleton's love story.

Tags news