Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Michael J Fox says he fell in love with wife Tracy Pollan when she called him out over insult

2023-05-17 02:27
Michael J Fox said he was attracted to Tracy Pollan's fearless and genuine personality
Michael J Fox says he fell in love with wife Tracy Pollan when she called him out over insult

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: In 'Still: A Michael J Fox Movie,' the new Apple TV+ documentary featuring Michael J Fox, he discusses how he first fell in love with Tracy Pollan after she called him a "f***** a******." While collaborating on the famous television program 'Family Ties,' the pair initially became acquainted in 1985.

Fox remembered the time when he and Pollan took a break for lunch. As they began talking he made a joke about Pollan's breath which upset her," Fox recalled in the documentary as reported by the Independent.

READ MORE

'Won't break as many bones tomorrow': Michael J Fox hopes not to have any more fractures from falling down

'I’m not gonna be 80': Michael J Fox says battle with Parkinson's disease keeps getting 'tougher'

'That was mean and rude and you're a complete and total f****** a******.'

"The moment she said her first line, I detected a hint of garlic and sensed an opportunity to have a little fun at her expense." He jokingly commented, "'Whoa, a little scampi for lunch, babe?'"

But Pollan didn't find the joke funny and criticized him for being rude and mean. Fox admitted, "At first, she said nothing. Her expression didn't even change. But looking me dead in the eyes, she said slowly, 'That was mean and rude, and you're a complete and total f****** a******.'" Surprised by Pollan's directness, Fox realized that he was attracted to her fearless and genuine personality.

'A pig is a pig no matter how many hit movies he's just had'

He said, “Nobody talked to me that way." Adding, "This woman was completely unintimidated by whoever I thought I was. A pig is a pig no matter how many hit movies he's just had." He fell in love with her right then and there.

Fox even revealed, "I was a bit of a d***" when asked by if he acted like such. “She was joking but I didn’t get it because no one would ever joke with me like that,” he said. “I was not the butt of any jokes. She just poked through that, like, you’re a scared little kid and I’ll just call you out. In that moment, I fell in love with her.”

After their initial encounter, Fox and Pollan began dating and eventually took their relationship to the next level. In 1987, they traveled to New York City together to work on the film 'Bright Lights, Big City.' During that time, they grew even closer, and in seven months they were engaged. The couple got married in 1988 and has since built a strong and welcomed four children which include 28-year-old twins, Schuyler and Aquinnah, a 21-year-old daughter, Esmé, and their son, Sam, who was born in 1989.

'We are there for each other when we need each other'

In an interview with People earlier this year, Pollan emphasized the importance of communication and being there for each other in their successful marriage. She said, "I think we really listen to each other, we are there for each other when we need each other," Pollan said. "And then we also give each other space when that's needed. Just feeling off of what's needed at the moment and trying to be there."

Fox also expressed his deep love and gratitude for Pollan, stating, "Tracy gives our family everything that we need. Any good in our family, anything good that we do, comes from her."

Tags news epcelebs