Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did Victor Wembanyama apologize to Britney Spears? NBA star walks away when fan asks about slapping incident

2023-07-09 18:56
Victor Wembanyama is maintaining his silence in connection with publicly apologizing to Britney Spears
Did Victor Wembanyama apologize to Britney Spears? NBA star walks away when fan asks about slapping incident

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA: Britney Spears is still waiting for an apology and by the looks of it, 19-year-old Victor Wembanyama is not keen on giving one. According to a video published by TMZ, the NBA player could be seen visiting a gym in Vegas on Saturday, July 8. In a similar moment to the day when Spears was swatted by Wembanyama’s security guard, the San Antonio Spurs player could be seen being mobbed by a group of adulating fans.

While interacting with the crowd, an inquisitive fan asked Wembaanyama directly whether he was planning to apologize to the ‘Toxic’ singer as she asked. However, the NBA player, who had an uninspiring debut with the Spurs this week, walked away without answering.

'It’s not his fault his security hit me'

While waiting for the apology from the athlete, the ‘Oops!...I Did It Again’ songstress wrote another long post sharing her feelings regarding the incident. Spears wrote on Instagram on July 8 that she has been hobnobbing with the creamiest of celebrities all through her life, saying, “I’ve been working in the industry for years and have been with some of the most famous people in the world … NSYNC at one point were like The Beatles … girls would throw themselves at them everywhere we went …,” but she contended that she has not seen a security guard ever “hit” any fan. “Not one time in my life has a security guard ever hit another person !!!” she wrote

She continued that while she has had her fair share of feeling helpless, she thought she was not treated equally in America. Spears wrote, “I’m not sharing this to be a victim … I SIMPLY GET IT HONESTLY … my reaction was priceless … BAD ??? YES … I’ve had documentaries done about me and none of which I approved … I have felt helpless in most situations and my experience in Vegas and my reaction was a cry out on all levels … I will say it !!! No, I don’t feel like I have been treated as an equal person in this country …”

Nevertheless, she was thankful to her fans who “swarmed around” her after the swatting incident, saying, “Of course when I watched the video myself … the people who actually swarmed around me when they heard me get hit made me feel like I mattered !!! I wasn’t aware of that at the time …”

Spears, however, claimed that shouting “f**k you” at the top of her voice was better in releasing her pent up frustration was better that “hitting him back.” The Grammy-winning songstress wrote, “All people could hear was me saying f**k you all … which was WAY BETTER THAN HITTING HIM BACK 🙄🙄 🙄 !!!” Accepting that she was still a fan of the NBA player, Spears concludes that it was not Wembanyama’s fault for the slap. “Either way I’m still a huge fan of the NBA player … it’s not his fault his security hit me … shit happens !!! I hope you're all having a wonderful Friday !!!” she wrote.

Despite Spears trying to lodge a complaint against the security guard for hitting her, the Metro Police Department dismissed the case on the grounds that the swat was unintentional.

'I just kept walking straight'

While TMZ reported that the security guard apologized to Spears in the restaurant, Wembanyama is yet to make a public apology. He, however, opened up about the incident. He described the incident in an interview with KENS, as reported by People, "That person grabbed me from behind," adding "I didn't see what happened because I was walking straight and they told me 'Don't stop.' But that person grabbed me from behind, grabbed on my shoulder. She grabbed me from behind so I just know that the security pushed her away."

"I don't know with how much force but security pushed her away. I didn't stop to look so I kept walking and enjoyed a nice dinner,” continued Wembanyama. He further added that he didn’t know the person was Spears for the next couple of hours, "First I was like 'No, you're joking.' But yea it turns out it was Britney Spears," he said, adding, "I didn't know because I didn't see her. I never saw her face. I just kept walking straight."

However, a video released by TMZ has proven that Spears did not grab him from behind.

Tags news epcelebs