Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Rogan cracks up listening to why Mike Tyson doesn't want his son to be a boxer: 'You're stupid'

2023-06-14 21:17
Joe Rogan and Mike Tyson discussed how boxing is a tough sport for those coming from a privileged environment, as it comes with extreme pressure
Joe Rogan cracks up listening to why Mike Tyson doesn't want his son to be a boxer: 'You're stupid'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Mike Tyson opened up about his views on supporting his son's aspiration to become a boxer in an episode of 'The Joe Rogan Experience' podcast. The iconic boxer said something which led both the host Joe Rogan and him to burst out in laughter.

Tyson is a name that resonates with people from all walks of life thanks to his impeccable boxing skills, relentless aggression, and tactical brilliance, which catapulted him to the very top of the boxing world. However, Tyson feels unsure about his son's aspiration of being a boxer because he may not have the tolerance and willpower needed for the sport due to being brought up in a privileged environment.

'You’re stupid'

Tyson conversed with Rogan and opened up about his thoughts on his son pursuing a boxing career. He shared a funny story about his son wanting to follow in his father's footsteps, but Tyson didn't give much heed to it. That's because he didn't want to push his child into a career that would come with extreme pressure and high expectations. Tyson understands the tremendous burden that comes with being a professional fighter and would never impose that on his children.

Moreover, Tyson and Rogan discussed boxing as a sport and how it requires a lot of dedication and pain tolerance. They both agreed that it's a tough sport for people who come from privileged backgrounds. Tyson's son Miguel has been practicing boxing with his father, but he doesn't think his son has the right mindset for it. In a funny moment, Tyson said, "You're stupid, you go to private school, you don't wanna be a boxer and stuff, you travel, you go on European trips...You're not gonna be a fighter, get out of here! You're a joke man," which led Rogan to burst into laughter.

‘I can’t even spend my time with my kids’

During the podcast, Tyson also shared that he has expressed his concerns with his wife about being a good father. He feels that he can't be considered a good father if he fails to spend enough time with his children. And that's because his global travel commitments limit him from actively engaging with his children most of the time. According to Tyson, a good father is someone who not only provides for his family but also spends quality time with his children. “I tell my wife all the time, how are you gonna tell me I’m a good father when I can’t even spend my time with my kids. I gotta go to this to that part of the world. You call me a good father because I’m a good provider good fathers spends time with his kids,” expressed Tyson to Rogan.

Tags news epcelebs