Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Five' segment on Seattle's crime goes viral as Internet sides with 'green jacket lady' for confronting Fox News anchor

2023-09-29 15:15
Some netizens also attacked Fox News for the way the interview was conducted and how the claims were made by just a couple of responses
'The Five' segment on Seattle's crime goes viral as Internet sides with 'green jacket lady' for confronting Fox News anchor

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: 'The Five' hosts became the center of an internet joke as one of their segments went viral on the social media platform X (formerly Twitter).

The segment was a hit on the "progressive" citizens of the Emerald City Seattle for supposedly dismissing the rising concerns over public safety with a surge in drug users.

After the video caused a sensation, many netizens came in to praise one of the Seattlites who was interviewed for calling out the Fox News interviewer for exaggerating the fear of drug addicts. She has now come to be known as the ''Green Jacket Lady."

Fox News targets blue states in segment about crime

Led by Judge Jeanine Pirro, the segment claimed that the city of Seattle was facing a surge in crime rates because of its liberal population and the rule of the Democrat party.

Jesse Watters, through his primetime show, had an associate producer named Johnny Belasario do man-on-the-street interviews with a few Seattlites.

Most of them denied the claims of the city being dangerous with increasing criminal activities. This made Pirro label the city as a "progressive hellscape."

A clip of this segment was reposted on X which now has over 270K likes. It showed the short interviews in which the residents said that they didn't see any crimes that were alleged by Belasario.

One of the interviewees, who is now called the "Green Jacket Lady" on the internet, mocked the Fox News producer for making a baseless claim about drug users.

"I saw a lot of people shooting up on my way down here," Belasario said to the lady. She went on to question him asking, "And they were bothering you?"

The producer was left with no proper response as he shrugged and said, "I was in a car."

To this, the lady mockingly expressed concern saying, "Oh no! You were in a car. Oh no! They were hurting you so bad. Oh no!"

Netizens ask 'Green Jacket Lady' to run for president

The Seattlite who was interviewed by Fox News did not just become popular overnight but netizens liked her response so much that they were ready to vote her into the government.

"I’m writing in “green jacket lady” on every city council position on my ballot," an X user wrote in response to the video.

Some others suggested that the lady should have moderated the GOP debate that happened on September 27 in Simi Valley while others want her to interview Trump.

Some went as far as to say that they wanted her to take over the White House asking, "Can that lady run for President?"

Some netizens also attacked Fox News for the way the interview was conducted and how the claims were made by just a couple of responses.

A user wrote, "These are doofus man-on-the-street questions designed to elicit responses for a FOX News audience, but it’s also genuinely embarrassing to see Seattleites deny or downplay the city’s crime and drug problem just to dunk on FOX."

Praise for other interviewees was no less as one Seattlite bar owner wrote, "Wanted to hop back on here to announce every person interviewed here will never pay for drinks at my bar ever. I salute you Seattle people."

Another one appreciated one of the other interviewees saying, "green jacket lady snapped as well but can we talk about the younger person in the beanie and glasses who said "um.... crime is a social issue... that could be solved... by giving people their basic needs..." i stan them."