Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Shakira found out about ex Gerard Pique's 'betrayal' through media while dad William was in ICU: 'Everything happened at once'

2023-06-27 14:27
This comes after Shakira sparked romance rumors with Lewis Hamilton, while her ex Gerard Pique, is reportedly set to get engaged to Clara Chia Marti
Shakira found out about ex Gerard Pique's 'betrayal' through media while dad William was in ICU: 'Everything happened at once'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: In a shocking turn of events, Shakira revealed that her father, William Mebarak Chadid, was battling for his life when she got to know about her ex-husband Gerard Pique's affair with current partner, Clara Chia Marti. This comes after Shakira sparked romance rumors with F1 driver Lewis Hamilton. On the other hand, FC Barcelona star, Pique, is reportedly set to get engaged to Clara. Shakira and Pique announced their separation in June 2022.

In the tell-all interview, the Colombian singer revealed that she found out about Pique's 'betrayal' through the media when her father was hospitalized. Shakira who called her father her 'best friend' revealed how he was almost on the verge of 'leaving' her after suffering a grave fall.

‘Everything happened at once’

Shakira, who shares two sons with Pique, Milan, 9, and Sasha, 7, shared that Chadid came to Spain to support her during her messy separation. She said, "He went to Barcelona to console me after I was consumed with sadness because of my separation,” before continuing, "While he was at Milan’s first communion, he was gravely injured in an accident. Everything happened at once," as per People.

'I was finding out through the press'

The ‘Waka Waka’ singer revealed heartbreakingly that she found out from the media about her partner’s 'betrayal'. She said, “My home was falling apart. I was finding out through the press that I had been betrayed while my dad was in the ICU."

However, during such a difficult time, she didn’t think she could survive as she was deprived of advice from her “best friend,” saying, "The man I have loved the most in my life, my father, was leaving me when I needed him the most. I couldn’t talk to him, or go to my best friend for the advice I needed so much."

Shakira's father Chadid's recovery process has 'been very hard and slow'

Shakira revealed that Chadid's recovery process has "been very hard and slow" but praised her father as a "wonderful man and an endearing character who surprises us all with his strength." She continued, "He has overcome COVID once, two accidents, one pneumonia and five surgeries— all of this at 91 years of age, in less than six months. My dad is the biggest example of resilience, and my mother has been by his side day and night," before adding, "They have both been a reflection of that dream that didn't come true for me. But I hope they are role models for my kids of love, of patience in relationships, of absolute devotion and zest for life."

In the interview, Shakira also detailed that she is now excited to release music that has been cathartic to her as she has grown so much after her split and said her music will discuss "the different stages I have gone through spiritually, mentally and even physically."

"I have gone through denial, rage, pain, acceptance, grief, hope, deception, hope again, excitement,” explained the Grammy-winning singer before adding, “So many emotions and feelings that at times seem mixed, that didn’t seem to be able to coexist inside of me, that I have been able to untangle only through my songs, to understand myself better. Not to explain or justify myself, only to understand myself and tolerate myself."

Shakira’s relationship with Lewis Hamilton

After her separation from the soccer star, there were reports that the ‘Beautiful Liar’ singer was pursued by Tom Cruise. However, the 46-year-old singer was reportedly interested in another sports personality, F1 driver, Lewis Hamilton. They were said to have spent time together in Barcelona during the Spanish Grand Prix. Now it has been reported by Music Mundial that Shakira and Hamilton are planning a romantic getaway together.

According to Spanish journalist, Jordi Martin, who revealed to a Peruvian program ‘Amor y Fuego’ (Willax Television), the rumored couple is now planning a Caribbean vacation. Martin said, “Lewis Hamilton and Shakira are planning to go on vacation together and I already know the destination,” before adding, “Caribbean country, a short trip of about an hour."

Tags news epcelebs