Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Ty Pennington intubated in ICU after attending 'Barbie' premiere, concerned fans say 'we're praying for you'

2023-07-15 08:55
Ty Pennington is making a full recovery after a health crisis that left him in terrible condition
Ty Pennington intubated in ICU after attending 'Barbie' premiere, concerned fans say 'we're praying for you'

DENVER, COLORADO: This week, TV personality Ty Pennington had a serious health scare. The 'Trading Spaces' host was brought to the ER in Denver and is currently being intubated after having difficulty breathing due to an abscess.

Ty, the HGTV star, had a serious health crisis that left him in intensive care in Colorado. On Friday, July 14, the former 'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' host turned to Instagram to reveal the horrifying facts of his ICU hospitalization to viewers. He claimed in the post that he attended the 'Barbie' premiere in Los Angeles before flying to Colorado. He claims he awoke two days later, unable to breathe. Ty posted two photos of himself on the hospital bed, one of which showed him asleep with a breathing tube in his mouth. Another image showed him on the red carpet at the large pink premiere in a tan suit, looking healthy and joyful.

'From the red carpet, to the ICU'

"From the red carpet, to the ICU… this last week has been interesting!" the TV star captioned the somber post. “I’m okay now, still recovering but I felt it looked weird that I hadn’t posted about my teams #BOTB VICTORY!! 🙌🏼 SO freaking proud of @smashingdiy & @iamstevelewis !! Will post about that next 🤓🥳"

Ty went on to discuss the medical problem that began on Tuesday, July 11, and the subsequent hospitalization. "To shed some light on why I was MIA… Sunday I hit the red carpet for @barbiethemovie , Monday I flew to Colorado to start filming in Breckinridge and Tuesday morning I woke up at 4am and could barely breathe 😰Turns out, that sore throat Ive had for the last month was actually an abscess which had grown so large it was closing off my airway. Next thing I know, I was intubated and flown to the ICU in Denver. Wednesday I had surgery and yesterday afternoon I was released from the ICU 🙌🏼"

The HGTV personality then thanked everyone who helped him with his treatment and recuperation. "Thank you so much to all the amazing staff at St.Anthony’s in Lakewood, CO & Summit Health in Frisco for taking such great care of me 🙏🏼🙏🏼,” he wrote. “A great reminder to LISTEN to your body when it’s telling you something 😳😅 #justhappytobehere Also, even through heavy sedatives it’s good to see I was still in the right frame of mind… (pic 4)."

'Wishing u a speedy recovery Ty!'

As soon as the post hit the internet, fans started pouring in love and support. One fan commented, "Wishing u a speedy recovery Ty! And all the Speedos your heart desires! 💙💙💙💙💙." Another person reminded him, "Feel better. You're a national treasure." One fan noted, "I’m so sorry you went through all that but so glad you had so many heroes rallying around you!! Wishing you a speedy recovery, my friend! 🖤." A fourth user wrote, "Oh my gosh thank you for this!! As an ICU nurse I appreciate the interpretation of the writing!! 😂😂😂😂. Glad you are healing well!"

One fan further wrote, "Dude! Please heal! We’re praying for you!" "Much love from our pack for a *Speedy* recovery 🩲😂🐾," added another.

Tags news