Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'His gift to the world will be remembered': Octavia Spencer, Viola Davis, Bethenny Frankel, and more celebs mourn Matthew Perry's death

2023-10-29 21:45
Hollywood is mourning the loss of 'Friends' star Matthew Perry, 54, as tributes come pouring in from costars and fans alike
'His gift to the world will be remembered': Octavia Spencer, Viola Davis, Bethenny Frankel, and more celebs mourn Matthew Perry's death

PACIFIC PALISADES, LOS ANGELES: Hollywood's most famous names mourned the death of Matthew Perry on social media over the weekend.

Tributes poured in from Octavia Spencer, Viola Davis, Bethenny Frankel, Shannen Doherty, Olivia Munn, Valerie Bertinelli, Josh Brolin, and many more who honored the film and TV star after several media outlets confirmed that the 54-year-old actor had died from an apparent drowning.

A sad day in Hollywood

Octavia Spencer honored the late actor in a post she shared on her Instagram, saying, "I’m incredibly saddened to hear of Matthew Perry’s passing today. His gift to the world will be remembered forever. Sending love to Matthew’s family, friends, co-stars and millions of fans around the world 🤍🕊️."

Viola Davis shared a post in remembrance which read: "This is devastating. Your book shifted so many close to my heart. The people no one sees and most throwaway. It was a gift. Beyond the joy you brought to many, your heart reigned supreme. Rest well.....know that you brought love 💔🕊🙏🏿"

Bethenny Frankel wrote on her Instagram story, "Rest in peace Matthew Perry... Thank you so much for the laughter and joy you brought to our lives. Love to your family and friends."

Shannen Doherty of 'The Beverly Hills 90210' fame recounted some of her fondest memories with Perry in her Instagram post saying: "You would always find us all together in a booth speaking in our own made up language. And yes, Matt always had THAT sense of humor."

"Our friendship spanned a long time. A lifetime really. I know many are hurting, especially our little gang. He will be missed by many and definitely by us. Yes. I could be more poetic or say things better but right now, shock and sadness prevail." she added.

Valerie Bertinelli, who played Perry's sibling on the 1990 CBS sitcom 'Sydney', commemorated her costar on her Instagram story, saying: "Rest in peace, sweet man"

Maggie Wheeler, who played his brief on-screen girlfriend Janice Litman on 'Friends', posted her reaction to the tragic news on her Instagram: "What a loss. The world will miss you Mathew Perry. The joy you brought to so many in your too short lifetime will live on."

"I feel so very blessed by every creative moment we shared," she added.

Paget Brewster, who played Chandler's love interest Kathy in Season Four of 'Friends', took to X to note she was "so very sad to hear about" Perry's death.

"He was lovely to me on Friends and every time I saw him in the decades after. Please read his book. It was his legacy to help. He won't rest in peace though.. He's already too busy making everyone laugh up there," her tribute read.

Morgan Fairchild, who portrayed Perry's on-screen mother in 'Friends', expressed her grief in an Instagram story: "I’m heartbroken about the untimely death of my 'son', Matthew Perry. The loss of such a brilliant young actor is a shock. I’m sending love & condolences to his friends & family, especially his dad, John Bennett Perry, who I worked with on Flamingo Road & Falcon Crest. #RIPMatthew"

Yvette Nicole Brown, who appeared on CBS' 'The Odd Couple', honored his costar on X: "Our #OddCouple family suffered a great loss today. The entire entertainment world has. I am too sad about the news to say more than this: @mattyperry4 was a sweetheart who deserved more peace in this life. 54 is too young to go. We love you, Matty! #RIPMatthewPerry"

Mira Sorvino, who co-starred in the 1994 TV movie 'Parallel Lives' with Perry, also shared her thoughts on X: "Oh no!!! Matthew Perry!! You sweet, troubled soul!! May you find peace and happiness in Heaven, making everyone laugh with your singular wit!!!"

Olivia Munn shared her condolences in an Instagram story that read: "He struggled with so much addiction and was brave enough to be open and honest about it. I'm so sorry to his family and friends who are getting this news today. Nothing short of heartbreaking. Rest in love, Matthew Perry 💔"

Meredith Salenger, who appeared in 'A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon' alongside Perry, wrote in her post on X:

"Oh no no no no no! Matty! Oh man. My heart breaks. Matty... Matthew and I have known each other since were were 16 years old. Oh man. No words. Rest in peace sweet @MatthewPerry."

Josh Brolin reacted to the news of the late actor's death by writing to his Instagram followers that he was "absolutely heartbroken."

Tags news