Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Yellowstone' creator Taylor Sheridan suposedly begged Kevin Costner to finish series despite 'bad blood'

2023-06-27 18:26
'But there's just too much bad blood that exists now between Taylor and Kevin with all of the sniping that's gone on,' said one insider
'Yellowstone' creator Taylor Sheridan suposedly begged Kevin Costner to finish series despite 'bad blood'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The future of 'Yellowstone' remains uncertain as tensions continue to escalate off-screen during the production of its final season. Creator and writer Taylor Sheridan, 53, has spoken out about the behind-the-scenes conflict, revealing his desperate plea. He has asked for Kevin Costner's return to help bring the hit show to its proper conclusion. However, sources suggest that Costner has made his stance clear, indicating a significant rift between the two

"Kevin would very much like to resume shooting to give his character, John Dutton, a proper send-off—not to mention complete the story he's worked so hard on for so many years," an insider claimed. "But there's just too much bad blood that exists now between Taylor and Kevin with all of the sniping that's gone on. It's a relationship Kevin feels is beyond repair—no matter what Taylor says now." Although, as Sheridan has not said anything officially, we can take this news with a pinch of salt.

'I've never had an issue with Kevin!'

Previous reports suggested that 'Yellowstone' was abruptly axed in May after Costner insisted on reducing his shooting days in Montana. The production came to a halt without completing the last six episodes of the fifth and final season. However, insiders now claim that filming is expected to resume, albeit without its leading man. Sheridan recently made a last-ditch effort to mend fences, acknowledging that Costner unfairly faced the majority of the backlash for the show's cancellation.

Despite these efforts, sources reveal that Costner currently has other pressing matters to attend to, including a messy divorce from his estranged wife Christine and his longtime passion project, the four-part 'Civil War epic Horizon: An American Saga.' The conflict between Sheridan and Costner arose when Costner expressed his desire to focus on the Horizon project, something he has been passionately pursuing for 35 years. The Academy Award-winning actor even invested his own money to fund the films. Unable to reach an agreement with Paramount, the network announced that 'Yellowstone' would conclude with the Season 5 finale.

'His movie seems to be a great priority to him!'

In an interview, Sheridan addressed the situation, stating, "I've never had an issue with Kevin that he and I couldn't work out on the phone. But once lawyers get involved, then people don't get to talk to each other and start saying things that aren't true and attempt to shift blame based on how the press or public seem to be reacting. He took a lot of this on the chin, and I don't know that anyone deserves it. His movie seems to be a great priority to him, and he wants to shift focus. I sure hope [the movie is] worth it—and that it's a good one."

Sheridan remains adamant that Costner's departure will not impact the future of John Dutton, as the character was never meant to survive until the end of the show. He continues, "I’m disappointed. It truncates the closure of his character. It doesn’t alter it, but it truncates it." As for Costner's involvement in the remaining episodes of season 5, it remains uncertain. "There are ongoing discussions to try to convince Costner to film a few scenes to wrap his character, though the scripts are not yet complete."

Paramount Network previously announced that the second half of season 5 is scheduled to resume in November, pending the resolution of the ongoing writers' strike. Sheridan revealed that the original plan was to shoot six more episodes, but extending it to ten episodes is not out of the question, stating, "If I think it takes ten episodes to wrap it up, they'll give me ten. It'll be as long as it needs to be."

Tags news