Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Noah Spencer? Internet believes Illinois singer is better suited for Reba McEntire over 'The Voice' Season 24 coach Niall Horan

2023-10-03 11:55
Noah Spencer's choice was made after 'The Voice' Season 24 coach Niall Horan told him that he had already visualised the music he would use for his performances
Who is Noah Spencer? Internet believes Illinois singer is better suited for Reba McEntire over 'The Voice' Season 24 coach Niall Horan

UNIVERSAL CITY, CALIFORNIA: Noah Spencer's Blind Audition on 'The Voice,' in which he sang Zach Bryan's "Something in the Orange," caught the coaches entirely off guard. Fans on social media, however, are upset with the contestant's choice.

Spencer received accolades from even John Legend, the only Coach who did not turn his chair. "I'm sorry I didn't turn, but the headline is you have this interesting growl," John said. "And it makes your voice stand out on this show. Nobody else sounds like you."

Gwen Stefani, Reba McEntire, and Niall Horan all wanted Spencer to join their teams, but who did he choose?

'The Voice' Season 24 Noah Spencer picks Team Niall

Reba remarked in her pitch to Spencer, "I love the gravel in your voice — that is so cool! I couldn’t wait to turn around and see what you looked like. When you hear the voice, then you just kind of start making up your own little ‘video’ in your head. I loved everything about your performance — your tone, your gravel-ness of your voice. I would love to be your Coach!"

Meanwhile, Gwen stated, "I don’t have anyone like you on my team — I don’t really think there’s anyone like you in this whole competition right now! America loves that kind of a voice, and I think you’re gonna get, like, a lot of eyes on you in this show. You have a lot of raw talent, and you’re just different than anything else that I’ve been around."

Spencer, on the other hand, chose Team Niall.

On X, fans wrote, "First coach to come to mind for Noah Spencer was Reba. Dude sounds very similar to a few artists on the Sons of Anarchy soundtrack." Another user chimed in, "REBA SHOULD GOT THIS GUY, BUT NIALL ON PRETTY MUCH, GREAT PICK UP DUDE."

While some others said, "I can’t eTch it anymore. Nails is being obnoxious and talks to much. It’s a clown show this year." One user further wrote about Noah, "He's very good and has a growl to his voice! Very cool!"

'The Voice' Season 24 Noah Spencer released his first single in 2021

Noah appears to have only released one song to streaming services, a charming acoustic ballad titled "Never Mine" from the year 2021.

Noah's musical inspirations, according to his website, include Chris Stapleton, John Mayer, Tyler Childers Glenn Campbell, Jim Croce, Fleetwood Mac, Eric Clapton, and Toto, among others.

The Voice' Season 24 Noah Spencer attends community college

Noah is a teenage artist from Richlands in Tazewell County, Virginia. Noah's website claims that his events — and he appears to have a lot of them — cover a wide spectrum of music, from country to rock, American, pop, and gospel.

He began singing in church at the age of five, received his first guitar at the age of eleven, and also played the drums, piano, and ukulele. Noah was 16 when he won the Lyrics on the Lake open mic competition in 2019.

He also claims to be attending community college in southwest Virginia and aspires to be a musician.

'The Voice' Season 24 airs every Monday and Tuesday on NBC at 8 pm ET.