Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

MrBeast urges fans to stay alert against 'scammers' exploiting his identity: 'Lots of people impersonate me'

2023-08-18 16:15
MrBeast said, 'One thing though I hate with the passion is the comments section on YouTube, it's just so bad'
MrBeast urges fans to stay alert against 'scammers' exploiting his identity: 'Lots of people impersonate me'

GREENVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA: MrBeast, the renowned YouTube sensation, has achieved tremendous prominence through his unconventional content. Nonetheless, this popularity has unfortunately given rise to fraudulent activities exploiting his identity.

In a recent story update on Instagram, MrBeast earnestly cautioned his followers about the presence of scammers who might misuse his name to deceive his loyal audience.

The acclaim surrounding MrBeast is an outcome of his unwavering commitment to crafting exceptional content. Recently, he shattered the YouTube record for the most-viewed non-music video with his creation titled '$1 vs $250,000 Vacation.'

This extraordinary achievement, as acknowledged by his dedicated fan base, underscores MrBeast's unyielding dedication to his craft and his profound affection for his supporters.

MrBeast calls out scammers in new Instagram story

Fake profiles specifically target MrBeast's supporters, enticing them with the promise of substantial rewards, often monetary, similar to the themes of his videos. Alternatively, these impostors might request financial assistance under the guise of a charitable cause.

Addressing the matter on his Instagram story, MrBeast mentioned that many individuals were impersonating him. He advised that if anyone received a message from an account other than his official one, it wouldn't be genuine.

He expressed his disdain for scammers. These fraudulent profiles might bear a resemblance to MrBeast's genuine account, utilizing identical profile pictures, biography, and additional information.

However, the usernames of these fake accounts consistently conclude with numbers, and they lack verified status.

MrBeast wrote, “Lots of people impersonate me! If you get a message from an account that’s not this one it’s not real. Screw scammers.”

MrBeast slams scammers using copy-paste to exploit money

During a podcast this year, MrBeast openly discussed the issue of scammers. He revealed that a majority of these deceptive bots and fraudulent accounts bearing his name tend to replicate specific lines or captions he has shared, often placing them as pinned comments on his videos and social media posts.

The intention behind this action is to deceive his dedicated audience.

MrBeast wrote, "One thing though I hate with the passion is the comments section on YouTube. It's just so bad. You go to Reddit to read comments, usually, the top 20 posts on a popular Reddit post are not spam."

He added, "Have you ever clicked on something on the front page of Reddit and then the most upvoted reply to it is like 'Go check out my site here!' And it's like trying to scam you out a $1,000."

He also said, "So many people are just copy and pasting, so many bots that just grab the top comment from your previous video and paste it on. So the top comments on your previous videos are the same, just scammers trying to get you to give them $1,000."

Tags news