Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did Jack Antonoff just shade Scooter Braun? Taylor Swift's BFF shares hilarious meme on Instagram

2023-08-28 21:52
Jack Antonoff, who has collaborated with Taylor Swift in some of her re-recordings, shared a cheeky meme directed at Scooter Braun
Did Jack Antonoff just shade Scooter Braun? Taylor Swift's BFF shares hilarious meme on Instagram

LOS ANGELES, FLORIDA: Taylor Swift’s BFF Jack Antonoff shared a hilarious meme through his Instagram story on Sunday referring to the mass exodus of celebrity manager Scooter Braun’s A-list clients.

While Antonoff does not have a direct connection with Braun, he has worked with Braun during his several outings with Swifft as her manager, per Daily Mail.

The meme shared on Sunday showed an animated woman staring at the computer screen and engrossed in it, while ignoring her baby bursting into flames.

Sharing the meme of the 'Sims' video game character, Antonoff wrote, “Not now sweetie, mommy is trying to figure out why Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato and Idina Menzel just fired Scooter Braun as their manager.”

Along with the meme, he also linked his band Bleachers' new LP that released on Friday, ‘Live at Radio City Music Hall’.

Is Ariana Grande leaving Scooter Braun?

While rumors suggested Ariana Grande has severed her ties with the manager, it has been confirmed that Grande has not stopped working with Braun. In fact, she has signed a new contract with him.

However, other Hollywood celebrities including Carly Rae Jepsen, Hilary Duff, and J Balvin have severed ties with Braun.

Does Scooter Braun own Taylor Swift's albums?

In 2019, Braun bought Swift’s previous music label Big Machine Records, subsequently selling it for $300 million with the Grammy-winning superstar’s knowledge.

At the time, he acquired the rights of Swift’s first six albums, which were estimated to be worth about $140 million. It left Swift with the chance to hold the ownership of her own music.

From then, Swift has been releasing the re-recordings of her first six albums. Together with Antonoff, she released ‘Fearless’ (Taylor's Version) in April 2021.

The ‘Lover’ singer took to Tumblr in June 2019 to share her thoughts, saying, “For years I asked, pleaded for a chance to own my work,” before adding, “Instead I was given an opportunity to sign back up to Big Machine Records and "earn" one album back at a time, one for every new one I turned in.”

She continued, “I walked away because I knew once I signed that contract, [Big Machine Records founder] Scott Borchetta would sell the label, thereby selling me and my future.”

Swift also noted, “I had to make the excruciating choice to leave behind my past." She added, "Music I wrote on my bedroom floor and videos I dreamed up and paid for from the money I earned playing in bars, then clubs, then arenas, then stadiums.”

“Never in my worst nightmares did I imagine the buyer would be Scooter," she wrote, expressing her disbelief. "Any time Scott Borchetta has heard the words "Scooter Braun" escape my lips, it was when I was either crying or trying not to.”

She continued, “He knew what he was doing; they both did,” before adding, “Controlling a woman who didn't want to be associated with them. In perpetuity. That means forever," quoted Daily Mail.

Justin Bieber had Scooter Braun’s back

Justin Bieber, who was rumored to be severing ties with Scooter Braun, recently dismissed the rumor.

Bieber, who had always been a friend of Braun since he was discovered by the talent manager when he was just 13, supported him during the controversy with Taylor Swift.

He wrote on his Instagram at the time, “Scooter has had your back since the days you graciously let me open up for you!”

Bieber continued, “As the years have passed, we haven’t crossed paths and gotten to communicate our differences, hurts or frustrations.”

The singer added, “So for you to take it to social media and get people to hate on Scooter isn’t fair. What were you trying to accomplish by posting that blog?”

He wrote, “Seems to me like it was to get sympathy u also knew that in posting that your fans would go and bully Scooter,” per Us Weekly.