Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What did Tony Bennett draw for Lady Gaga? 'Poker Face' singer reveals special tattoo sketched by the master pop vocalist

2023-07-26 08:18
'Then I had it tattooed with his last name, Benedetto, underneath. Just so I would always remember this time together,' said Lady Gaga
What did Tony Bennett draw for Lady Gaga? 'Poker Face' singer reveals special tattoo sketched by the master pop vocalist

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Lady Gaga paid her tribute to Jazz legend Tony Bennett this month after he died last week on July 21. The singers who have released two albums together shared how ‘The New York State of Mind’ crooner sketched one of her tattoos. The two bonded for the first in 2011, during a charity gala where she was singing ‘Orange Colored Sky'. “Tony heard me sing it, and he asked to meet me,” Gaga shared that a few years later, the New York City-native asked her for a collaboration, “He said, ‘Do you want to do a jazz album together?’ I said, ‘Of course I do!’ We were fast friends.”

His son and manager, D'Andrea ‘Danny’ Bennett, told People on Bennett’s death, "[He] imbued the essence of the American dream. He taught us all that remarkable opportunities will reveal themselves and that anything is possible when you stick by your passion, believe in yourself and dedicate your life to quality." He added, "He was an artist, a humanitarian, and an inspiration to anyone who experienced his elegance and grace. He and I experienced an amazing journey together as father and son, and I’m simply proud and humble to have been a small part of his legacy."

Which tattoo Tony Bennett sketched for Lady Gaga?

Lady Gaga was starstruck after getting to know the iconic singer Tony Bennett and she wanted their memory to be ‘imprinted’ on her forever. “I asked Tony to draw me a trumpet, and he sketched me Miles Davis’ trumpet," Gaga shared in 2014. "Then I had it tattooed with his last name, Benedetto, underneath. Just so I would always remember this time together," she added.

The duo released their album 'Cheek to Cheek', in 2014, and despite getting diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in 2016, Bennett once again joined Gaga for the second venture together, ‘Love for Sale’ (2021). “My time with Tony. has changed me forever,” Gaga shared.

'We can find joy in Tony’s legacy forever'

Danny also shared a joint statement with Bennett's widow Susan Benedetto, thanking "all the fans, friends and colleagues of Tony’s who celebrated his life and humanity and shared their love of him and his musical legacy," as per People.

They said, “From his first performances as a singing waiter in Queens to his last performances in 2021 at Radio City Music Hall, Tony delighted in performing the songs he loved and making people happy. And as sad as today has been for all of us we can find joy in Tony’s legacy forever.”