Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Bradley Cooper reveals he spent 6 years training as a music conductor for a 6-minute bit in 'Maestro', Internet says 'he's begging for an Oscar'

2023-11-16 20:46
During a screening of 'Maestro', Bradley Cooper opened up about spending years perfecting Leonard Bernstein’s London Symphony Orchestra performance
Bradley Cooper reveals he spent 6 years training as a music conductor for a 6-minute bit in 'Maestro', Internet says 'he's begging for an Oscar'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Bradley Cooper recently revealed that he reportedly spent six years training as a music conductor for a "six-minute and 21 seconds" scene in the upcoming biographical film 'Maestro'.

The actor, who stars as composer Leonard Bernstein, made the disclosure while speaking at a recent Los Angeles screening of the movie moderated by Tony Award-winner Lin-Manuel Miranda, as reported by Variety.

What did Bradley Cooper say about training for the six-minute music scene in 'Maestro?'

Speaking about spending six years for a six-minute music scene in 'Maestro', Bradley Cooper said, "That scene I was so worried about because we did it live. That was the London Symphony Orchestra. I was recorded live. I had to conduct them. And I spent six years learning how to conduct six minutes and 21 seconds of music."

"I was able to get the raw take where I just watched Leonard Bernstein [conduct] at Ely Cathedral with the London Symphony Orchestra in 1976. And so I had that to study," stated Cooper.

He also credited "wonderful teachers" like Metropolitan Opera director Yannick Nezet-Seguin for helping him deliver the pivotal performance and mentioned, "Nezet-Seguin made videos with all the tempo changes, so I had all of the materials to just work on."

"It was really about dialing exactly what I wanted cinematically and then inviting them into then inhabit that space and trusting that they have all done the work," continued the actor.

He added, "Because I think that I knew I was terrified, absolutely terrified that if I hadn’t done the work then I wouldn’t be able to enjoy myself in these scenes. And everybody did."

The scene in question would see Cooper recreate Bernstein’s historic conducting of the London Symphony Orchestra at the Ely Cathedral in 1976.

It's reportedly being considered as one of the most pivotal moments of the film as it would showcase Bernstein’s musical genius and provide a glimpse of Cooper’s performance in all its glory.

'Maestro', which centers around the composer's professional career and his life during his marriage to Felicia Montealegre, is set to debut in a few cinemas on November 22 before being available for the global audience on Netflix on December 20.

Internet believes Bradley Cooper wants to bag Oscar for 'Maestro' role

As Bradley Cooper revealed how he underwent six years of training for a six-minute scene in 'Maestro,' the Internet was quick to share that they believe the actor desperately wants an Oscar.

One said, "oh he wants that oscar bad," while another stated, "hes begging for the oscar."

"Dude is so thirsty for that Oscar it’s almost embarrassing," said a person.

Someone else wrote, "Ok, you desperately want that Oscar," as one more added, "we’re about to see an even worse oscar campaign than austin butler and i’m really not ok with that"

"You know, there's such a thing as being TOO desperate for an Oscar. It can backfire," noted a netizen, while a user quipped, "Aw that's so cool, Cillian is still gonna win the Oscar tho"

Tags news