Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Will Johnny Depp work with Disney again? Actor denies rift over 'Pirates of the Caribbean' ouster

2023-06-09 19:20
The 60-year-old star worked in five films of the hit series before Amber Heard accused him of domestic abuse
Will Johnny Depp work with Disney again? Actor denies rift over 'Pirates of the Caribbean' ouster

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Johnny Depp has reportedly claimed that he has nothing against Disney after the entertainment firm took him out of the sixth installment of the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean' film series. The 60-year-old star worked in five films of ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ before Amber Heard accused him of domestic abuse.

However, after the last year’s June verdict that saw the court favoring Depp, speculations began doing the rounds the 60-year-old star will return to his iconic role of Captain Jack Sparrow. But there were also some reports that falsely claimed, “They blind dropped him even though Amber had lied her a** off,” and “no matter how lucrative the offer” he won't do a ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ movie, The Mirror reported.

‘People are just making things up’

But the most recent update is completely the opposite as an insider stated, “This is completely inaccurate and comes from an unreliable source. People are just making things up about Johnny at this point, trying to capitalize off the anniversary of the trial to fill blank space for news.”

This comes as Depp marked his presence at the Cannes Film Festival. He also received a standing ovation for his movie ‘Jeanne du Barry’. Festival director Thierry Fremaux reportedly said of the ‘Alice in Wonderland’ star’s attendance, “I don’t know about the image of Johnny Depp in the US To tell you the truth, in my life, I only have one rule: It’s the freedom of thinking, and the freedom of speech and acting within a legal framework. If Johnny Depp had been banned from acting in a film, or the film was banned, we wouldn’t be here talking about it.”

He added, “This [controversy] came up once the film was announced at Cannes because everybody knew Johnny had made a film in France…I don’t know why she chose him but it’s a question you should ask Maiwenn. As for the rest, I’m the last person to be able to discuss all this. If there’s one person in this world who didn’t find the least interest in this very publicized trial, it’s me. I don’t know what it’s about. I also care about Johnny Depp as an actor.”

‘I'm super excited’

Meanwhile, Depp’s daughter Lily-Rose expressed her happiness over her father’s achievement. She reportedly said, “I'm super happy for him. I'm super excited. And it's so awesome that we get to do projects that we're super proud of.”

The 24-year-old actress’ ‘The Idol’ also premiered at the festival. About the experience, she added, “It was incredible. It felt like such a beautiful celebration and a culmination of everything that we've been through together, and just kind of a beautiful process that was in the show, and creating this little family together, and it just felt really, really nice.”