Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Tina Turner had a crush on pal Mick Jagger who infamously ripped off her skirt during concert

2023-05-25 17:58
'I always had a crush on Mick Jagger. I loved when we toured with the Rolling Stones,' Tina Turner said in an interview
Tina Turner had a crush on pal Mick Jagger who infamously ripped off her skirt during concert

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Tina Turner, the Queen of Rock' n' Roll who died on Wednesday, May 24, had a huge crush on fellow musician Mick Jagger. After a protracted illness, Turner died on Wednesday at the age of 83. Last month, she said in an interview that she had a crush on the Rolling Stones frontman.

Turner told The Guardian, "I always had a crush on Mick Jagger. I loved when we toured with the Rolling Stones." Throughout their musical careers, Turner and Jagger, both 79, worked together frequently.

READ MORE

Tina Turner dead at 83: Singer's son Ronnie's cause of death revealed after he was found dead at 62

Tina Turner spent last days with husband in 260K sqft property worth $76M that Roger Federer first wanted

They shared the stage at the Live Aid Festival in Philadelphia in 1985, where Jagger infamously ripped off Turner's skirt while she was singing, as reported by People.

'Mick and I could never just stand there and sing'

The "Proud Mary" singer recounted the occasion in her 2018 autobiography 'Tina Turner: My Love Story', stating, "Mick and I could never just stand there and sing — that wasn't us. We had to do something. He looked me over. I was wearing a tight-fitting black leather top and skirt, and I could see a naughty idea forming."

'I'm going take off your skirt'

"Does that skirt come off, he sneakily inquired? 'What?' was my startled reply." "I'm going take off your skirt", Jagger told her. "Mick had already decided to do it, I asked him why, but it was too late to talk it through, Mick had already made his mind up to do it," Turner — who wed her second husband, Erwin Bach, in 2013 — wrote. "It wasn't as if some random guy pulled off my skirt. It was like a boy I knew did it. A very old boy."

Jagger paid homage to his late friend on social media after Turner's representative confirmed the news of her death. The Rolling Stones singer wrote on social media, "I'm so saddened by the passing of my wonderful friend Tina Turner.She was truly an enormously talented performer and singer. She was inspiring, warm, funny and generous. She helped me so much when I was young and I will never forget her."

The "What's Love Got to Do with It" singer also stated how she wanted to be remembered in the interview with The Guardian: "As the Queen of Rock' n' Roll. As a woman who showed other women that it is OK to strive for success on their own terms."