Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Florence Pugh's dad? 'Don't Worry Darling' star's father allegedly struggling to keep business afloat

2023-05-26 11:19
Clinton Pugh, 64, claimed that bothersome traffic strategies are ruining his business, but said he won't be requesting assistance from his famous daughter
Who is Florence Pugh's dad? 'Don't Worry Darling' star's father allegedly struggling to keep business afloat

OXFORD, UNITED KINGDOM: Florence Pugh's father said that he is in so much debt that his cafe has been repossessed. A business owner and father of A-list Hollywood celebrity Clinton Pugh, 64, claims that bothersome traffic strategies are ruining his business, but said he won't be requesting assistance from his daughter.

The 'Don't Worry Darling' actress, 27, who has worked with actors like Harry Styles and Emma Watson, has previously given her father some money. But Clinton is insisting he isn't going to ask for more money despite the fact his Oxford business Cafe Tarifa was recently repossessed. His other two cafes -- Cafe CoCo and Kaz Bar -- are up for sale.

READ MORE

Florence Pugh calls Timothée Chalamet the Leonardo DiCaprio of our time as she gushes about 'Dune' costar

'Most definitely abused my own self': Florence Pugh recalls trauma during 'Midsommar' filming

Who is Florence Pugh's dad?

Clinton runs three restaurants in Oxford, including Cafe Coco on Cowley Road. In addition to being a distinguished restaurateur, the businessman is also a licensed 3D designer, and combining the two talents has greatly aided the meteoric rise of his chain of cafes.

Clinton attended Coleridge Secondary and The Netherhall School before transferring to Kingston Polytechnic to pursue design. He frequently assisted in managing his parents' medium-sized restaurant, where he learned the skills necessary to become a restaurateur. In 1992, he opened his first business called Cafe Coco, and people were drawn to it because of its originality. Prior to retiring from business, he owned The Lemon Tree, Grand Cafe, and Cafe Baba. He credits the aesthetics and atmosphere his businesses create for their commercial success, as per BRIEFLY. The 64-year-old married a dancer named Deborah Mackin.

Why is Clinton struggling to survive?

Clinton holds Oxford's Low Traffic Neighbourhood responsible for driving away consumers and wrecking his business. In an effort to cut down on traffic, the LTN project blocks residential streets with bollards and planters. Clinton, a father of four children, including Florence and 'Game of Thrones actor' Toby Sebastian, said the LTN had cost him £110,000 in missing wages. He told the Oxford Mail, "The government stopping its funding for LTNs is a true indication that lots of mistakes were made and these LTNs have been pushed through based on an ideology which unfortunately wasn’t thought through." Clinton added that LTNs had caused "extra stress" and seeks compensation from the council for the firms.

Why is Clinton Pugh not seeking help from his family?

Clinton had previously mentioned that he was no longer depending on his family for support. "I can't guarantee my family can support me - why should I have someone else pay for me, get me out?" he told Mail Online. "Thirty-one years sitting in this restaurant, I remember my children coming up, sitting at the bar, coming in on a Friday afternoon with other families, with Florence, it's very upsetting."

What did the council say?

According to a council official who talked to the Oxford Mail, LTNs are a component of the county council's "local transport and connectivity plan," which aims to enhance travel and transit. "They are intended to make residential streets safer and more comfortable for walking, wheeling, and cycling," the rep said. "As part of the central Oxfordshire travel plan, they are designed to work together with other measures to reduce congestion and improve air quality. The LTNs already in Oxford will continue to be monitored by the council," they added.

Tags news