Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Al Roker's ex-wife? Older daughter Courtney Roker Laga welcomes 'Today' host's first grandchild

2023-07-10 17:55
'Already planning the ways to spoil her and then hand her back,' Al Roker wrote, sharing the news of Courtney Roker Laga becoming a mother
Who is Al Roker's ex-wife? Older daughter Courtney Roker Laga welcomes 'Today' host's first grandchild

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Al Roker, the beloved weather presenter and TV personality, recently shared the joyous news of the birth of his daughter Courtney Roker Laga's first child, making him a proud grandfather for the first time.

The 68-year-old 'Today' host is married to Deborah Roberts, his second wife, while his daughter Courtney is from his first marriage to Alice Bell. Al shares two more children, Leila and Nick, with his current wife, Deborah. Following the arrival of his granddaughter, Al has been relishing precious family time and enjoying the holiday moments during his break from the show. He took to Instagram to share his happiness, writing, "And then this little girl came into my life. Welcome to the world, Sky Clara Laga. In love all over again. Thank you, Courtney and Wes for such a perfect blessing. You baby is beautiful. Already planning the ways to spoil her and then hand her back."

Who is Al Roker's ex-wife, Alice Bell?

Al was previously married to Alice Bell between 1984 and 1994. The former couple have a daughter, Courtney, 36, born in May 1987, who was adopted by Al and Alice shortly after her birth. However, the couple separated when their daughter was five years old, finalizing their divorce in 1994. Alice prefers to maintain a low profile, and not much is known about her personal life. But in a Mother's Day post on Instagram, Courtney expressed her appreciation for the three significant women in her life, and she captioned it, "Happy Mother's Day to the three most important women in my life. My mom Alice, my stepmother Deborah and my mother in law Barbara ❤️."

Al Roker's children

Al has three children, Courtney, Leila, and Nick. While his daughter Courtney is from his previous marriage to Alice, his other daughter Leila and son Nick are from his current marriage to Deborah, who he married in 1995. Leila was born on November 17, 1998, and Nick was born on July 18, 2002.

On July 3, Courtney became a mother, giving birth to Al's first grandchild, Sky Clara Laga. The new mother shared the information on the Fourth of July through an Instagram post, expressing her love and gratitude to the medical team involved in the delivery, captioning the post, "Sky Clara Laga made her debut yesterday at 12:41 pm and we are absolutely obsessed with her. Thank you to Dr Shonda Corbett and the labor & delivery team at @holynamemedicalcenter who helped bring her into this world 💕."

Who is Al Roker's current wife, Deborah Roberts?

Deborah Roberts, born on September 20, 1960, in Perry, Georgia, is an accomplished television journalist who currently works as the Senior National Affairs Correspondent for ABC News. She has a strong presence on social media, with 246k followers on her Instagram page and 52k followers on Twitter. In addition to her journalistic career, Deborah is also the author of the book, 'Lessons Learned and Cherished: The Teacher Who Changed My Life', published on May 2. Moreover, she co-wrote the book 'Been There, Done That' with her husband Al Roker, and Laura Morton in 2016, sharing their experiences and insights. Deborah's contributions to journalism and her engaging online presence have made her a respected figure in the media industry.