Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Jonas-Sophie Turner divorce rumors: What went wrong between the beloved power couple?

2023-09-05 21:28
Sophie Turner wants to move back to the UK permanently for her ‘mental health’
Joe Jonas-Sophie Turner divorce rumors: What went wrong between the beloved power couple?

Joe Jonas-Sophie Turner divorce rumors: What went wrong?

Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner once considered one of Hollywood's beloved power couples, have decided to go their separate ways after just four years into their enchanting wedding in 2019. The parents of two daughters, once seen as inseparable, have been facing "significant issues" for the past six months. While both the musician and the 'Game of Thrones' star are known for keeping their personal lives private, there have been speculations and reports revealing possible reasons for their split.

Joe Jonas retains divorce lawyer

Although neither Joe nor Sophie has officially addressed the breakup rumors, an insider alleged the 'Waffle House' singer has sought the counsel of a divorce attorney. TMZ was the initial source to report Joe was in consultations with divorce lawyers in Los Angeles, suggesting that he is gearing up to initiate divorce proceedings.

Joe Jonas' wedding ring saga

Joe and Sophie first met when he slid into her Instagram DMs in 2016. They got engaged a year later and have two daughters, aged 3 and 1. As divorce rumors swirl, it's been reported that they have sold their luxurious Miami mansion, as per CooPWB. Surprisingly, Joe was spotted wearing his wedding ring during the Jonas Brothers concert on September 3 and in an Instagram post for Labor Day. However, just a few weeks agom he was seen without the band in public.

Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner faced parenting struggles

The couple has been experiencing marital problems in their marriage for at least six months. Also, over the last three months, Joe has allegedly been taking care of their two young children “pretty much all of the time,” even while on tour with his brothers, as per Vulture.

Sophie Turner admitted she was unprepared for parenthood

A few years ago, Sophie admitted that she initially felt unprepared for both marriage and parenthood, while Joe, was enthusiastic about moving forward in their relationship. Following the arrival of their first child, she expressed her satisfaction with having just one child at that moment. Nevertheless, Joe expressed his wish for another child, ultimately leading them to decide to expand their family once again, reported The News.

Sophie Turner wants to move back to England to support her mental health

Sophie has admitted she is homesick for her native UK stating, “I miss England so much.” The Louis Vuitton ambassador used to reside in Miami with her husband, and their two kids. “The people, the attitude, everything. I’m slowly dragging my husband back. I really love living in America but, for my mental health, I have to be around my friends and my family.” She added that England “would ideally be the final destination” for her growing family, but Joe wasn't quite ready to embrace the idea of moving across the transatlantic just yet, as per Independent.

Sophie Turner gets cold feet amid mental health struggle

Before marrying Joe in 2019, the couple briefly separated due to Sophie's struggle with mental health issues. The actress acknowledged that when she first met Joe at the age of 20, she was “very mentally unwell”, but credited her husband’s support in helping her “save [her] life.” "He was, like, ‘I can’t be with you until you love yourself, I can’t see you love me more than you love yourself,’” as per source. “That was something, him doing that. I think he kind of saved my life, in a way.” The separation between the two lasted just 24 hours, which Sophie called “the worst day of our lives.” “For a second, we both had cold feet, then 24 hours later we were both, like, Never mind."

Sophie Turner's candid struggle with eating disorder

Sophie Turner has openly discussed her mental health journey, disclosing her struggle with an eating disorder during her tenure on 'Game of Thrones' in the role of Sansa Stark. “I have experienced mental illness firsthand... [When I was a teenager] my metabolism suddenly decided to fall to the depths of the ocean and I started to get spotty and gain weight, and all of this was happening to me on camera. People used to say, ‘Damn, Sansa gained 10 lbs’ or ‘Damn, Sansa needs to lose 10 lbs’ or ‘Sansa got fat.’ It was just a lot of weight comments," reported US Magazine.

Tags news epcelebs