Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It was a horrifying experience': Tarek El Moussa spills the beans on his steroid addiction while battling cancer

2023-09-22 06:18
The show 'Flip or Flop' ended in March 2022 after running successfully for 10 years
'It was a horrifying experience': Tarek El Moussa spills the beans on his steroid addiction while battling cancer

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Tarek El Moussa is spilling the beans on his battle with cancer and what followed afterward.

The realtor, in his new personal book ‘Flip Your Life,’ talks in length about his steroid addiction.

Previously, El Moussa shared about his steroid struggle on ‘Dr Dew' podcast. “I thought it was from my testicular cancer so I went to this botox doctor and hormone clinic that my ex said to go check out. Next thing I know I’m shoving a needle on my a– and taking steroids, it was testosterone. It was awful,” said the 42-year-old.

“I was on way too much testosterone, on top of that taking human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) injections every day because I was told to,” he added.

Tarek El Moussa's back injury further added to his woes

The popular star also talked about his back injury (which required surgery) in the interview and how it all added up to his medication intake.

“I got back surgery, and I went from 230 lbs to 168 lbs. So I had the cancer and then I got the second cancer. And then four months after I recovered from the second cancer, I hurt my back. I lost 60 lbs. I was on Vicodin every day, my hormones are off, I’m on pain meds and narcotics and I’m filming and working. It’s wild. It was a horrifying experience,” El Moussa told Dr Drew Pinsky back then.

Tarek El Moussa's new book will also shed light on his divorce from Christina Hall

The television celebrity will be giving insight into his ‘public divorce’ with ex-wife Christina Hall and how the two continued filming even after taking different paths.

“During the process, we are committed to our kids and being the best parents we can be,” the former pair said in a statement.

“We will continue to work through this process civilly and cooperatively, and plan to continue our professional life together," the statement added.

Their show 'Flip or Flop' ended in March 2022 after running successfully for 10 years. "I couldn't be more grateful for the last ten years with 'Flip or Flop.' The support from our fans, the network and the wild ride that it's been has been incredible," El Moussa told People.

“Even though the 'Flip or Flop' chapter is coming to a close, another exciting one is soon starting." ‘FLIP YOUR LIFE: How to Find Opportunity in Distress—in Real Estate, Business, and Life’ will be out on February 6, 2024.