Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Kissing Booth' star Joey King marries director boyfriend Steven Piet after dating for three years

2023-09-05 21:25
Here's the complete timeline of how Joey King met and started dating Steven Piet before the couple got married
'The Kissing Booth' star Joey King marries director boyfriend Steven Piet after dating for three years

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The 'Bullet Train' and 'The Kissing Booth' actress Joey King, 24, reportedly got married to her boyfriend of three years, Steven Piet, 32.

The couple reportedly tied the knot in the first week of September, per Just Jared.

When did Joey King and Steven Piet get married?

Per Just Jared, King and Piet got married on Saturday, September 2 in Mallorca.

Here's a timeline of the couple's relationship.

Relationship timeline

October 2018 - Dreamy first meeting

In October 2018, the talented actress and the director first met each other on the sets of 'The Act'.

Piet was the director of the new Hulu show which starred King as Gypsy Rose Blanchard. While King was dating Jacob Elordi then, they broke up in November 2018.

September 2019 - Cute date

September 2019 was a special month for the couple as E! News reported the then-rumored-to-be couple was spotted watching 'Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets' at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery on September 3.

While they were accompanied by King's two sisters, sources told the outlet that King and Piet were seen "cuddling."

Sources said, "They were very affectionate and were with her two sisters sitting watching the movie together. Joey and Steven cuddled the entire time and looked very happy together."

King shared photos with her sister, but did not make it Instagram official with Piet yet.

November 2019 - Couple that travels together stays together

King and Piet reportedly went to Disneyland in November 2019. This also marked Piet's grand entry into King's Instagram when the actress shared photos of her director partner.

February 2020 - Valentine's Day

No more sliding an image or two in an Instagram carousel! On the occasion of Valentine's Day in 2020, King posted a romantic picture with the quote, "She says you know I’ve never really met someone like you."

They also attended Paris Fashion Week together. They did not forget to post goofy pictures of them together.

April 2020 - Quarantining together

While many fans mistakenly thought it was Elordi in the Valentine's Day post, King's quarantine post dispelled all confusion about who she was spending her quarantine with.

To be more precise, her "Quaranteam" partner was none other than Piet.

February 2021 - Joey King is Steven Piet's 'valentine'

King declared to the world in a Valentine's Day post in 2021, who her valentine is. Posting a romantic photo, she wrote, "Two representations of how magical it is to be your valentine @stevenpiet."

April 2021 - 'This kind of love'

When King was showing her love, Piet was not far behind. Sharing their images, he wrote, "My oh my, this kind of love."

May 2021 - Steven Piet's birthday

Piet celebrates his birthday on May 19. On the occasion, King shared a slew of images, revealing who her crush is.

She wrote, "I have such a huge crush on you it’s stupid. It’s national you day my love, and I couldn’t be happier that you’re in my life and that I’m in yours. I love you."

July 2021- Steven Piet's heartwarming post

Piet posted a heartwarming post on King's birthday. He wrote, "Also, the results are in. It's unanimous. 10 out of 10 doctors agree you are my favorite person."

He added, "Happy Birthday, you sweet and beautiful soul. I love you so damn much."

February - 2/2/2022 - Mark the day!

King and Piet finally got engaged. King announced her engagement to the director a month later.

She wrote on her Instagram, "I never knew happiness could be so powerful that it can take the air from your lungs, overwhelming every part of you that you can’t help but feel your eyes well from the undeniable joy."

She continued, "I never knew that a persons presence and heart could feel like a real home. I never knew love could be so unquestionably beautiful. I never knew until you."

"The date was 2/2/22 when you asked me to marry you and made me the luckiest lady alive. I love you more than an Instagram caption could ever do justice," she further wrote.

She added, "Hanging out with you forever sounds like a real dream, so let’s do it."

Piet too shared a post on the occasion, which read, "You've unlocked a dimension of love in me that I never knew existed."

July 2022

King told Allure that she loves working with Piet, saying, "We work really well together. We also just really love spending time together."

She continued, "So getting to do something where we're both doing what we love and we get to hang out with each other, [that's] the best."

She also gushed, "I think he's so talented. He thinks the same about me. We really love just being able to put our minds together."

August 2022

Another round of fairytale birthday wishes later, the couple attended the 'Bullet Train' premiere in Los Angeles together.

December 2022

The couple celebrated the holiday season together, with King writing, "Are you gonna throw up from how wholesome these pics are!?"

July 2023 - Bachelorette!

King posts an adorable video of her bachelorette party with the caption, "I love all my Steve(n)s," which showed her dressed up as her now husband.

August 2023 - Portugal

The couple went on a Vacation to portugal and she shared the pictures with the caption, "Love is cool! Love is grand! Love is kissing in front of the Fonte dos Amores and having too many caipirinhas together."