Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Selena Gomez's dating history: Singer is known to have dated Nick Jonas, Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik

2023-11-01 23:46
'The Heart Wants What It Wants' singer often humorously refers to her single status on TikTok
Selena Gomez's dating history: Singer is known to have dated Nick Jonas, Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik

Selena Gomez's journey through love and heartbreaks

Selena Marie Gomez, a star of many talents, has experienced a series of notable relationships throughout her life. These relationships reflect her personal journey of love, growth, and self-realization. In her own words, she challenges, "Who are you to judge? When you're a diamond in the rough," and confidently declares, "I'm just beautiful me." Her recent song, 'Single Soon', pays tribute to this journey. The 31-year-old 'The Heart Wants What It Wants' singer often humorously refers to her single status on TikTok. Here's a look at her dating history.

Nick Jonas

In 2008, Selena Gomez reportedly had a fleeting romance with Nick Jonas. Interestingly, her friend Miley Cyrus also had feelings for Nick around the same time. However, both have since moved on, maintaining their strong friendship. Gomez's appearance in the Jonas Brothers' music video for 'Burnin' Up' serves as a testament to that time. Gomez did acknowledge the minor love triangle involving Cyrus in an interview with W Magazine in February 2016. "We never feuded. We both liked the same guy when we were 16. It was just a Hilary Duff–Lindsay Lohan thing: 'Oh, my God, we like the same boy!'" The 31-year-old added, "We are now completely settled in our own lives."

Taylor Lautner

Following Gomez's first split from Jonas, she was briefly linked to Taylor Lautner in April 2009. The duo reportedly split partly because of how much attention they were getting. "We would go out to lunch and dinner, but I knew he had paparazzi following him, and I had paparazzi following me," the singer said to Seventeen.

Justin Bieber

Gomez is most often associated with her ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber, as they dated from their late teens into adulthood. Their on-and-off relationship lasted for about eight years from 2010 until 2018. A year-by-year breakdown of the tumultuous on-and-off relationship between Selena and Justin, often referred to as "Jelena," reveals that the pair first met in 2009 and rumors of their relationship started in 2010 when they were spotted together at an IHOP. They confirmed their relationship in early 2011 and made their red-carpet debut together at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party, per Vogue. Their relationship hit a rough patch in November 2012, and they broke up for the first time. Despite the breakup, fans theorized that Gomez's new song 'Come & Get It', was about Bieber in 2013. The couple had an on-and-off relationship from 2014 to 2016, rekindling their romance in 2017, but eventually ended for good in 2018, People. Justin officially moved on from Selena when he married Hailey Baldwin in September 2018.

Orlando Bloom

In the midst of Jelena's hiatus in 2014, speculations arose about a potential romance between Selena Gomez and actor Orlando Bloom, who was also on a break from Miranda Kerr at the time. However, the duo persistently refuted these rumors, asserting that their relationship was purely platonic. As reported by Elle, the altercation between Bloom and Bieber in Ibiza appeared to be primarily about Kerr. The speculated association between Bloom and Gomez likely added fuel to the fire. Despite the rumors, Bloom and Gomez seemed to maintain a friendly relationship over the years. However, in 2016, TMZ posted photos that suggested a romantic connection between them once again, showing them cozying up in a Las Vegas booth. This stirred up more controversy as Bloom was reportedly in a relationship with his now-wife Katy Perry at that time.

Zedd

Selena Gomez and Zedd, also known as Anton Zaslavski, were reported to be dating in 2015. The whispers started when Zedd posted a photo of Selena Gomez in a music studio, suggesting their collaboration on the popular song 'I Want You To Know'. They were seen together at various events, including the Golden Globes afterparty, and they posted photos of each other on social media with affectionate captions. During an interview with New Zealand’s radio show The Edge Afternoons, Selena Gomez confirmed that she and Zedd had been romantically involved earlier that year. As per People, when asked about Diplo's assertion that their relationship was merely a publicity stunt, she said, "I adore Anton [Zedd] a lot and I definitely had a thing with him, which was nice."

Niall Horan

In 2015, Niall Horan and Selena Gomez were seen together at a party, but Gomez denied any romantic relationship. They were seen together once again in October 2019, but nothing was confirmed. A source stated that they are 'only friends' who are supportive of each other's music, and have discussed collaborating before. "They have always been good friends and have kept in touch throughout the years," said the source, per Elle.

Samuel Krost

Samuel Krost, a friend of Gigi Hadid, reportedly had a short-lived romance with Gomez in the early part of 2016. It is claimed that he later posted a message on Instagram, which was subsequently removed, per Elle. "Selena is a real girl with a real heart and real feelings. All you superficial who are just unhappy with your love lives understand that love is real. Although we have ventured on separate paths, at least I know that love exists. I love you, Sel."

Charlie Puth

Charlie Puth and Selena Gomez refuted rumors that they were dating for a month in March 2016. In a later interview with Billboard, Puth described their relationship as "very short-lived, very small, but very impactful. And it really messed me up. I’m trying to put this the best way possible: It wasn’t like I was the only person on her mind. And I think I knew that going in—what I was getting myself into."

The Weeknd

Selena Gomez and The Weeknd, also known as Abel Tesfaye, shared a romance that spanned approximately 10 months in 2017, per People. Their love story unfolded in diverse locales such as Florence, Toronto, and Buenos Aires. Reportedly, The Weeknd arranged his tour dates to coincide with Gomez’s kidney transplant surgery to be there for her. Regrettably, their relationship ended in October 2017.

Andrea Iervolino

During the summer of 2022, there were speculations about a romantic relationship between Gomez and Andrea Iervolino, an Italian-Canadian film producer. Images of them together on a yacht in Positano were widely shared. Interestingly, they were seen together earlier in 2018 at the Children’s Prom of the Children’s Hospital of Orange County, but at that time, they were reportedly just friends.

Andrew 'Drew' Taggart

In January 2023, speculation arose about a possible romance between Selena Gomez and The Chainsmokers' Drew Taggart. They were reportedly spotted together at numerous events, sharing tender moments. However, Gomez subsequently affirmed her single status on her TikTok. Even though rumors persisted, their relationship remained conjectural. Gomez apparently continues to cherish her independence.

Zayn Malik

In March 2023, Selena Gomez and Zayn Malik reportedly ignited speculations of dating. They were allegedly spotted hand-in-hand, enjoying a romantic dinner in New York City. However, Gomez declared her single status a few months later, quelling the rumors, per Music Times. This fleeting and unconfirmed liaison added a new facet to Gomez's dating history, per Glamour. The singer once told SiriusXM Hits 1 LA with Tony Fly and Symon, "I think I have standards, and I think I live in a world right now where boys confuse standards with high maintenance."

Tags news