Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It was torture': Blake Lively reveals why she hated husband Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'

2023-05-31 21:30
Blake Lively had to look through the 'sex montage' of her husband Ryan Reynolds in a film with plenty of explicit scenes
'It was torture': Blake Lively reveals why she hated husband Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: It is not an easy task to be the wife of a mercenary. In fact, it is harder to be the wife of the Mercenary-with-Mouth. Yes, here we are talking about Blake Lively, who once decried her hatred for Ryan Reynolds' most famous character Deadpool. The reason she gave was even more hilarious than the absurdity of hating the beloved character. However, after knowing the story, one might sympathize with the distraught mother and wife who might go through the same "torture" once 'Deadpool 3' releases.

When the first ‘Deadpool’ released, Lively, in an appearance on NBC’s ‘The Tonight Show’, explained to the host Jimmy Fallon why she hated it. She had to look through the 'sex montage' of her husband in a film with plenty of explicit scenes. She still considers the experience torture.

‘Cruel and unusual form of torture’

Lively, who is known for playing characters wildly different from her husband, told Jimmy Fallon, “I was on the plane with my baby, James. It’s kind of torture these days because I’m on a plane and everywhere I look, every screen is my husband in a s*x montage throughout the holidays with another woman because everybody wants to watch Deadpool on the plane. Everyone!”.

The torture wasn't short-lived either. “But like for 14 hours having your husband having mashed potatoes eaten out of his butthole – because that’s in the film – is lovely. It’s a cruel and unusual form of torture,” she said.

The actress, known for her wit and eloquence, also shared a sweet anecdote where she said her daughter, who missed celebrating Father’s Day with Reynolds, thought the video was a FaceTime call and was visibly upset when Reynolds didn’t wave back. She narrated her daughter was “hugging and kissing the screen and waving at him. She doesn’t understand why he’s not waving back at her, because she thinks it’s like FaceTime. And it’s because Daddy’s getting it, and the mashed potatoes.”

‘She's helped me so much’

While Lively may not publicly like the character of Deadpool, she has nonetheless contributed a lot to the film’s script. In an interview for SiriusXM Town Hall with Jess Cagle, Ryan Reynolds once attributed much of his screenwriting to his wife Lively. While Reynolds was credited for the writing task, the ‘Gossip girl’ star was not, despite Reynolds’ push. He gushed about his wife saying, "[Blake] is a really talented, multihyphenate kind of person in this, you know, weird burgoo of an entertainment industry that we work," as reported by People.

He continued, "She's helped me so much in ‘Deadpool’, all kinds of movies that have been big successes," before adding, "She's always got a lot of bricks in that wall." He further explained, "I write on a lot of my movies. It's been a survival mechanism for me for a long time. Sometimes I'm credited, sometimes I'm not," and elaborated, "There's a lot of A++ writing that I've done that was actually Blake; Blake would jump in, grab the keyboard and [say] 'What about this?' And I'd be like, 'That's incredible,'" he said.

However, Lively is not credited as her husband would have liked. Reynolds even came up with a possible explanation, saying, "And you know, it's funny. Maybe it's cause there's a, there's inherent sexism in the business. I will say that a lot of times, 'She wrote that, Blake like wrote that not me. That was, that was, that was her.' And it's like, they still, later on, repeat the story as 'I wrote it.'"

Tags news epcelebs