Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Brittney Boyce? Megan Fox slammed for urging fans to donate to friend's $30K GoFundMe despite $8M net worth

2023-07-26 18:59
Meghan Fox's friend and nail tech Brittney Boyce launched a fundraiser to help her cancer-stricken father
Who is Brittney Boyce? Megan Fox slammed for urging fans to donate to friend's $30K GoFundMe despite $8M net worth

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Megan Fox is facing criticism for urging her fans to donate to her friend's GoFundMe campaign instead of contributing the $30,000 required to meet the fundraising goal. The fundraiser was initiated by her longtime nail tech, Brittney Boyce, whose father, Michael, is currently battling pancreatic cancer. The aim of the fundraiser is to alleviate the burden of his substantial medical expenses, allowing him to focus on his health without financial stress.

Despite Megan Fox's reported net worth of $8 million, she shared the GoFundMe link on her Instagram Story, asking her followers for assistance. Her caption read, "My friend's dad was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. If you guys are able to help, please do," along with the direct link to the fundraiser. The request has garnered backlash from several individuals who believe that Fox should have directly contributed the required amount herself instead of seeking donations from her fans.

'Lead the way'

The post’s caption read, "My friend's dad was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer if you guys are able to help please do." Fans expressed their outrage on social media, accusing Megan Fox of hoarding money and criticizing her for asking those who are much poorer than her to contribute.

Comment
by u/Bullsinthebronx from discussion Megan Fox asks followers to donate to her friends fathers pancreatic cancer treatment.
in Fauxmoi

One Reddit user wrote, “I feel so uncomfortable when wealthy celebrities post gofundme pages for people they know. I know we don’t understand the full situation, but it always gives me an ick feeling.” Someone urged Fox to pay for it herself, saying, “The highest donation is only $300 and it's not anonymous. Sis better contribute herself and lead the way.”

Comment
by u/Pineapple_Peony from discussion Megan Fox asks followers to donate to her friends fathers pancreatic cancer treatment.
in Fauxmoi

Another wrote, "When celebs do this I instantly think poorly of them. You're rich! Cover it! Call anonymously! You could work one day and pay off all of his debts.”

Comment
by u/Lady_Doe from discussion Megan Fox asks followers to donate to her friends fathers pancreatic cancer treatment.
in Fauxmoi Comment
by u/Pineapple_Peony from discussion Megan Fox asks followers to donate to her friends fathers pancreatic cancer treatment.
in Fauxmoi

One user took a direct dig at Machine Gun Kelly and Fox, writing, “Her man is out there paying for private security because he can't handle himself at the fair, and she's out here begging for donations. Problem is people will do it, pure fools.”

Who is Brittney Boyce?

Brittney Boyce is known for her exceptional nail art which she flaunts on her Instagram account named Nails of La. Although Megan's name is not listed among the current donors, it is possible that she may have donated directly to Boyce and her family. As of now, the fundraiser has raised just over $7,500 and has increased its initial goal from $30,000 to $60,000.

It's worth noting that Brittney Boyce is a celebrity nail tech who was behind Megan's fiance Machine Gun Kelly's $30K diamond manicure at the Billboard Music Awards. Boyce has also worked with celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Kerry Washington, and Olivia Rodrigo. In the description of the GoFundMe campaign, Boyce revealed that her father received the news of his cancer diagnosis after undergoing a CT Scan last week.

Tags news