Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Scarlett Johansson brought son Cosmo to 'Asteroid City' set 8 weeks after birth: 'His earliest babysitters, all Academy Award winners'

2023-06-20 19:28
'So on my eight-week postpartum date, I was flying to Spain with my young, eight-week-old baby and Colin,' said Scarlett Johansson
Scarlett Johansson brought son Cosmo to 'Asteroid City' set 8 weeks after birth: 'His earliest babysitters, all Academy Award winners'

Scarlett Johansson recently shared her incredible journey of filming the movie 'Asteroid City' just eight weeks after giving birth to her son, Cosmo. Not only did she bring her precious bundle of joy to the set, but she also had the privilege of esteemed actors like Adrien Brody, Willem Dafoe, and Bryan Cranston happily taking turns holding him.

"So on my eight-week postpartum date, I was flying to Spain with my young, eight-week-old baby and Colin," she told Sunday Sitdown. As Host Willie Geist playfully remarked, "His earliest babysitters, all Academy Award winners," it's clear that Cosmo's early memories will be quite extraordinary.

Scarlett Johansson's acting journey empowered by motherhood

Johansson disclosed that she got pregnant while waiting for the filming window amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Determined not to draw unnecessary attention, she had kept her pregnancy a secret. In August 2021, Johansson's husband Colin Jost joyfully announced their son's birth on Instagram, introducing Cosmo to the world. "OK OK we had a baby. His name is Cosmo. We love him very much," adding the hashtag, "#wegotawaywithitforalongtime."

Furthermore, In 'Asteroid City' Johansson portrays the character of Midge, a beloved movie star with a captivating and enigmatic personality. "She is kind of narcissistic and self-involved in a way that’s kind of very alluring and enigmatic," she told Geist. "She’s aware that she’s constantly being watched, and she doesn’t mind that at all," reported Today. Set in 1950s America, the film revolves around a Junior Stargazer/Space Cadet convention that gets disrupted by world-changing events.

'It’s, like, a career dream goal!'

With an impressive ensemble cast that includes Tom Hanks, Jason Schwartzman, Bryan Cranston, and many other renowned actors, being a part of 'Asteroid City' was a dream come true for Johansson. She shared her excitement at receiving the opportunity to read the script in its entirety, describing it as a career dream goal.

"It’s, like, a career dream goal, definitely," she said. "I was very excited to read a script in its entirety of his, which I never had the chance to do. And it was in the middle of COVID. And so it actually was a really, even more exciting phone call to get because it felt hopeful." Remarkably, Johansson's experience on set was made even more special by the presence of her newborn baby. It adds a heartwarming touch to her journey, showcasing the dedication and balancing act of being a working parent in the entertainment industry.

Tags news epcelebs