Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What happened between Jake Paul and Conor McGregor? Pro boxer takes a dig at MMA star: 'He needs to go to rehab'

2023-08-07 15:54
Recently, Jake Paul opened up about fighting McGregor during his bout with Nate Diaz on Saturday, August 5
What happened between Jake Paul and Conor McGregor? Pro boxer takes a dig at MMA star: 'He needs to go to rehab'

CLEVELAND, OHIO: Jake Paul aka 'The Problem Child' fought against UFC star Nate Diaz, at the American Airlines Center on Saturday, August 5. Despite having a history of rivalry with both Paul and Diaz, Irish MMA star Conor McGregor watched their eagerly anticipated boxing battle.

'The Problem Child' was successful in defeating Diaz by unanimous decision. The most crucial round of the fight, round five, saw Paul knock Diaz to the ground. Although they engaged in a competitive fight, Paul has now revealed that he would want to fight Diaz in MMA.

A look at Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz

During the much-anticipated fight, Paul got off to a very strong start in the opening round, connecting on a number of shots and drawing applause from the audience. Diaz, though, stood out in the later stages thanks to his tireless cardio and steel chin. While there was a lot of clinching going on, Diaz was able to guillotine choke Paul to end the match.

Following his victory over Diaz in boxing, Paul stated his desire to take him down in MMA. The 26-year-old also included his previous $10 million bid for Diaz to compete against him in PFL.

'He needs to go to rehab'

Paul was also asked about the opponent he saw himself facing after Diaz in the ring. One of the reporters proposed a potential bout with Conor McGregor because Paul had already called him out. Additionally, McGregor competed against legendary boxer Floyd Mayweather and did really well. In a post-match interview, Paul said, “I don’t care about that guy. He needs to go to rehab. I want Nate in MMA. I want more professional boxers and I want Canelo." While Canelo is not entirely open to the notion of a bout with Paul, the Mexican boxer has admitted that if Paul improves, he might give it some consideration in the future.

'Please put him with Canelo'

Fans flocked to the comment section as soon as Paul's comment went viral. A user wrote, "Your not going to defend it because you couldn't." A second user wrote, "PLEASE put him in with CANELO!!! Even with McGregor would be good but CANELO will be the total end of this guys c**p talking." The third user wrote, "Well done with the pillows on Jake put nate would maul you within a minute in a real fight," while the fourth user wrote, "Ur not that guy pal."