Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What was Tony Bennett's final public photo? Fans mourn master pop vocalist's death at 96

2023-07-22 02:49
'Thank you for traveling the globe Tony [Bennett] so I could hear you live. Your voice gave me goosebumps. God bless,' wrote a fan
What was Tony Bennett's final public photo? Fans mourn master pop vocalist's death at 96

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Tony Bennett, the legendary crooner died at the age of 96. One of America's greatest pop and jazz singers, Bennett died after his seven years battle with Alzheimer's disease.

According to Page Six, Bennett's publicist confirmed the news of his death on Friday morning, July 21. An official cause of death has not been revealed yet. The actor had been in treatment for several years and was given care by his wife, Susan Benedetto. The official Instagram page of the singer who was just two weeks shy of his 97th birthday announced his death on Friday. "Tony left us today but he was still singing the other day at his piano and his last song was, “Because of You,” his first #1 hit. Tony, because of you we have your songs in our hearts forever," read the post.

What was Tony Bennett's final public photo?

In one of the final pictures Bennett shared on Instagram, he was seen smiling wide alongside his longtime love, Benedetto. In the picture posted on June 20 to raise awareness of Alzheimer's disease, the pop vocalist and his wife are seen wearing purple shirts, the color representing the Alzheimer's awareness movement. "June is Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month. #GoPurple with Susan and I, and @alzassociation in honor of the more than 6 million Americans living with Alzheimer’s. #ENDALZ," read the caption of the picture where the pair held a sign that read '#ENDALZ'. However, it is unclear whether the picture posted was a recently snapped photo or a throwback.

He also shared a post dedicated to Benedetto on his Instagram page on June 21 marking the couple's wedding anniversary. "Sending all my love to my wife Susan on our anniversary today," read the caption.

His wife previously shared her thoughts on Bennett's Alzheimer's diagnosis. Talking to AARP Magazine in 2021, she said, "There’s a lot about him that I miss. Because he’s not the old Tony anymore … but when he sings, he’s the old Tony."

Fans pay tribute to legendary singer

Mourning the death of Bennett who once ruled the musical landscape in America, fans of the Grammy-winner paid their tributes. "Tony Bennett was a jazz-singing angel on earth. Now he’s an angel singing jazz in the heavens. Thank you for the joy, depth, and blessings of your voice!", wrote a Twitter user while another wrote, "He was such a talent and a great, humane soul. He featured in the soundtrack to my life and so many millions of others’ lives. We were so lucky to have him. My sincere condolences to his beautiful family - if he had lived another 96 years it still wouldn’t have been long enough."

Speaking of how Bennett's singing was admired by his fans, one fan wrote, "To a remarkable life, filled with wonderful memories: On those days when we’re awfully low, and the world is cold, we’ll feel a glow just thinking of him. May you find comfort in knowing he brought joy to millions," while another fan wrote, "I don't get emotional normally when a star leaves us, as they are not friends or family, but when I saw this news I felt truly sad and tearful. Thank you for traveling the globe Tony so I could hear you live. Your voice gave me goosebumps. God bless."