Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kendall Jenner says she 'didn't choose' to be famous as she's 'not built for it': 'I felt out of place in my family'

2023-06-22 15:53
Kendall Jenner says it's 'weird' to fall under the umbrella of the Kardashian sisters as she's so much like her dad Caitlyn Jenner
Kendall Jenner says she 'didn't choose' to be famous as she's 'not built for it': 'I felt out of place in my family'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Kendall Jenner recently talked about adapting to life in the spotlight with her famous Kardashian-Jenner siblings. In her latest Wall Street Journal interview, 27-year-old Kendall stated that she has always "felt out of place" in her family among her famous sisters.

Kendall, who has been garnering attention with Bad Bunny opened up about her thoughts on the stardom she was born into. The 29-year-old rapper and Kendall reportedly are "going really well" in their relationship, as per a source. Bunny and Kendall were first spotted publicly cuddling in February.

'I didn't choose this life'

The model-turned-reality TV star revealed why she believed there was a disparity between how she and her famous sisters handle being in the spotlight. She was only 11 when 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' catapulted the family to stardom back in 2007, as her older siblings Kim Kardashian, Khloe Kardashian, and Kourtney Kardashian sought the limelight with the reality series.

Kendall said, "I consider myself one of the luckiest people on the planet to be able to live the life that I live. But I do think that it's challenging for me a lot more than it's not. Since I was really young, I felt out of place in my family. I was born into this life, but I didn't choose this life. I'm not built for this by any means. I'm not good at it. I do it, and I've learned how to do it," as per Daily Mail.

Although 'The Kardashians' plot mostly focused on her elder sisters' career goals — from exploring the world to launching their previous apparel company Dash — Kendall and Kylie Jenner quickly gained fame for their pre-teen escapades on screen. Kendall continued, "I'm not going to sit here and say, "Poor me," but I do think that it's pretty intense. People are more mean to my family in general. They take everything and make it a bad thing." She cites her elder half-sister Kim Kardashian as someone who used to visit Kitson on Robertson solely for the sake of being photographed. Kendall exclaimed, "I think she was built for this."

'I’m such a Jenner, in my opinion'

Kendall truly identifies with the Kardashian branch of the family as well as strongly being Caitlyn Jenner's daughter, whose athletic prowess brought Kendall prominence. She remarked, "I obviously understand I fall under the umbrella of the Kardashian sisters. It’s just weird to me ... because I am just like my dad in so many ways. I’m such a Jenner, in my opinion." As each sister forges ahead in their respective spheres of the entertainment business, Kendall is well-known for her advertising and runway modeling as well as for founding the tequila brand 818.

Kendall claimed that it took about 20 years to become accustomed to things like paparazzi. Despite not pressuring her daughter to be on the show, her mother, Kris Jenner, said that she always "understood that she wanted to do it her way and distance herself when and if she wanted to." The momager said, "From the time she was a little girl, she has seemed really definite in who she is and how she wants to do it."

'Try [to] find the balance of keeping things private'

Kendall, who is now making news because of her most recent romance with Bad Bunny, akin responded to the source with "no comment" when questioned about it. "I try [to] find the balance of keeping things private and keeping things sacred, [and] also not letting the unfortunate frustration and stress of everyone trying to get in on it stop me from enjoying my side," Kendall further added.