Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who are Robert De Niro's children? Actor 'deeply distressed' after grandson Leandro's death at 19

2023-07-04 16:48
Leandro De Niro Rodriguez was the son of Robert De Niro's adopted daughter Drena and artist Carlos Mare
Who are Robert De Niro's children? Actor 'deeply distressed' after grandson Leandro's death at 19

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Robert De Niro's grandson, Leandro De Niro Rodriguez, died at 19. Leandro was the son of De Niro's adopted daughter, Drena, 51, and artist Carlos Mare. Drena expressed her grief and paid tribute to her late son in a heartfelt Instagram post on Monday, July 3. While she did not disclose the cause of his death, she shared a photo of her son with a heartbreaking caption. "You were so deeply loved and appreciated and I wish that love alone could have saved you. I’m so sorry my baby. Rest in Peace and Eternal Paradise my darling boy," Drena wrote in the Instagram post.

De Niro is also profoundly saddened by the loss of his grandson, and he is currently experiencing deep distress. "I’m deeply distressed by the passing of my beloved grandson Leo. We’re greatly appreciative of the condolences from everyone. We ask that we please be given privacy to grieve our loss of Leo," he said in a statement.

Also Read: Christine Baumgartner accuses Kevin Costner of being 'aggressive' and 'out of touch' about psychological impact of divorce on children

The recent news has sparked curiosity about De Niro's family and his children and grandchildren. People are eager to learn more about his family tree.

Who are Robert De Niro's children?

Robert De Niro, the renowned Academy Award winner, has a total of seven children who span a wide age range from age 51 to just a few months old.

Also Read: Will Jake Paul team up with rival Conor McGregor for Fighter's Union?

Drena De Niro

His first wife, Diahnne Abbott, is the mother of his daughter Drena, 51, and son Raphael, 46. Drena, who was originally Diahnne's daughter from a previous relationship, was adopted by Robert De Niro when he married Diahnne, and she took on his last name. She is a filmmaker and also ventured into acting, making her debut in Allison Anders's film 'Grace of My Heart.'

Also Read: Olivia Dunne sets precedent for fans as TikTok star candidly flaunts freckles in no makeup look

Raphael de Niro

Raphael De Niro, on the other hand, is a former actor who has appeared in notable films such as 'Raging Bull' and 'Awakening.' He has transitioned from acting and is currently working as a successful real estate broker. He has built a reputation in the industry and has had the opportunity to work with various celebrity clients, including Jon Bon Jovi, Renee Zellweger, Travis Kalanick, and Kelly Ripa, among others.

Julian De Niro

Following De Niro's divorce from Diahnne Abbott, he entered into a relationship with actress Toukie Smith in 1988. Together, they have twin sons named Julian Henry and Aaron Kendrick, who were born on October 20, 1995. Julian has shown a talent for acting, following in his parents' footsteps. In 2016, he made his first credited movie appearance in the star-studded film 'In Dubious Battle'. He later made his television debut in 2022, portraying a young Barack Obama in the historical drama series 'The First Lady' on Showtime.

In addition to his acting pursuits, Julian pursued higher education at New York University, where he studied computer science and math. He even gained recognition for his work when he collaborated with his professor and a classmate to conduct an in-depth Twitter analysis, which led to his publication in the Washington Post.

Aaron De Niro

Aaron Kendrick, the twin brother of Julian De Niro, was born on October 20, 1995, just like his sibling. Unlike Julian, Aaron has chosen to maintain a highly private life, which has resulted in limited information about him being available to the public. There is little known about Aaron and his personal endeavors or interests.

Elliot De Niro

Elliot De Niro, born on March 18, 1998, is the first child of Robert De Niro and his ex-wife Grace Hightower. In March 2016, De Niro publicly disclosed that Elliot is on the autism spectrum.

Helen Grace De Niro

De Niro and Grace Hightower became parents to their daughter Helen Grace on December 23, 2011, with the help of a surrogate. They have made a conscious effort to maintain her privacy and keep her out of the public eye as she is still a child. However, there have been occasional sightings of De Niro and Helen spending quality time together in public, such as at the beach in California and while out and about in Manhattan. The family values their privacy and focuses on providing a normal upbringing for Helen away from the spotlight.

Gia Virginia Chen-De Niro

De Niro became a father for the seventh time when his girlfriend Tiffany Chen gave birth to their daughter, Gia Virginia Chen-De Niro, on April 6, 2023. Interestingly, De Niro kept the news of Gia's birth private and did not publicly announce it until more than a month later.

More from MEAWW

Rihanna shares adorable photo of A$AP Rocky with baby RZA while on vacation in Barbados: 'My Bajan boyz'

Will Logan Paul face Ricochet again at WWE SummerSlam 2023? Here's what may happen

Tags news epcelebs