Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Bergie call Destiny Zammarra 'scary'? 'Love Island USA' Season 5 fans fume over islander's remark

2023-08-22 11:20
'Love Island USA' Season 5 islander Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen's comment on Destiny Zammarra's latest look
Why did Bergie call Destiny Zammarra 'scary'? 'Love Island USA' Season 5 fans fume over islander's remark

PACIFIC HARBOUR, FIJI: 'Love Island USA' Season 5 set the pulses racing as the new episode kicked off with the stirring Heart Rate challenge. The female islanders were the first to set the boys' hearts racing with their stunning looks.

Hannah Wright and Carmen Kocourek were up first as they flaunted stirring dance moves to the islanders. However, when Destiny Zammarra entered the villa, Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen commented on her look which sparked controversy on social media.

Destiny Zammarra slays during 'Heart Rate' challenge

'Love Island USA' Season 5 islander Destiny Zammarra flaunts her dance moves during the 'Heart Rate' challenge. The Islander looked stunning in a black leather swimsuit-looking outfit paired with high boots.

She completed her look with glasses and dazzling earrings. Destiny opted for a nude and left her hair open.

Destiny entered the villa with a whip and showed off a lap dance.

Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen comment about Destiny Zammarra sparks controversy

Destiny Zammarra has been one of the fans' favourite islanders. The viewers have supported Destiny's moves and relationship rifts throughout the latest season.

However, Destiny has also been dubbed as the villain of 'Love Island USA' Season 5 for her bold personality. Destiny's fans had accused the producers of sabotaging the islander by providing her 'bad edit'.

Meanwhile, Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen recently dubbed Destiny Zammarra and the viewers also didn't leave a chance to slam him making it clear that no one could disrespect their favourite contestant.

A Twitter user wrote, "These white men keep referring to Destiny as “scary” and it’s rubbing me the wrong way…" Another person added, "I really don’t like this BIG SCARY MONSTA language used when speaking on Destiney and it needs to stop."

Another social media user noted, "The way they keep calling Destiny scary is making me wanna fight.... Like y'all wanna see a scary black woman? Bitch I'll show you scary!! Keep playing with my sista."

Another critic noted, "Ok they can stop with the whole Destiny is scary narrative….even Bergie just pmo." "Oh I don't like them trying to paint Destiny like some scary black woman," stated another viewer.

Who is 'Love Island USA' Season 5 islander Destiny Zammarra?

Destiny is a microbiologist who hails from St. Louis, but currently resides in Florissant, Missouri. Destiny has always been fascinated by the world of science and had a knack for pushing boundaries.

Destiny's passion led her to study microbiology and eventually earn two degrees in the field. Besides academic pursuits, Destiny developed an interest in modelling which eventually led to her starring in the Peacock show 'Love Island USA' Season 5.

Who is 'Love Island USA' Season 5 islander Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen?

Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen hails from the small town of Cottage Grove, Minnesota. He currently lives in Madison, South Dakota. Bergie is a manager for the famous ice cream shop Dairy Queen.

He is a hopeless romantic and has been single since ever. He joined 'Love Island USA' Season 5 to find a partner but struggled to couple up from the first few weeks.

New episodes of 'Love Island USA' Season 5 premiere from Thursday to Tuesday, 9 pm ET on Peacock.