Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Paul Skenes? Exploring 5 unknown facts about Olivia Dunne's boyfriend

2023-10-15 13:21
Olivia Dunne and Paul Skenes' relationship has been making waves on the internet ever since the rumor was confirmed
Who is Paul Skenes? Exploring 5 unknown facts about Olivia Dunne's boyfriend

BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA: Olivia Dunne’s romance with Paul Skenes has been making waves on the internet ever since the duo confirmed their relationship in August 2023.

During an interview with The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in August 2023, Paul Skenes, an MLB prospect who signed a historic contract with the Pittsburgh Pirates, confirmed that he's dating Dunne, according to People.

He said, "I do wish she could come to a baseball game and just enjoy it. It does irk me. I don’t have any control over it. She really doesn’t either."

He also added, "I’m sure it’ll get better as I go up levels, but that’s something I want for her," referring to the couple's incapacity to travel without receiving a lot of attention from admirers and followers.

As for how they met, it appears that Dunne, who is regarded as the best-paid female athlete in the NCAA, and Skenes met each other at Louisiana State University. Amid all of this, let's explore some unknown facts about Skenes.

5 unknown facts about Olivia Dunne's boyfriend Paul Skenes

1. Early Life

Skenes was raised in Orange County in Lake Forest, California, according to his LSU profile. Additionally, as per People, there was an interview published in the Daily Advertiser, where Armando Rivas, the athletic director at El Toro High School, described him as a "smiling and happy-go-lucky" youth who was "a pleasure to be around."

2. Paul Skenes also attended Air Force Academy

Before moving to LSU for his junior year, Skenes spent two years attending the Air Force Academy. When his baseball career ends, he still intends to serve in the military, as per an interview with BR Proud.

3. Paul Skenes' record-breaking contract with the MLB

The No. 1 draft pick, Skenes, signed a historic Major League Baseball deal with the Pirates in July 2023. His signing bonus of $9.2 million was more than the previous record of $8.4 million held by Spencer Torkelson, who signed with the Detroit Tigers in 2020.

4. Skene supports veterans through Folds of Honor

Skenes has looked for methods to support military families while pursuing his sports career, drawing on his experience in the Air Force. Every time he struck out during his 2023 LSU season, he promised to donate $10 to Folds of Honor.

5. Who are Paul Skenes' parents?

Craig Skenes and Karen Skenes are the proud parents of Paul Skenes. Craig is a former professional basketball player, and Karen is a dedicated homemaker.

Tags news