Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Stanley Tucci's wife? Actor, 62, once wanted to end romance with Felicity Blunt over huge age gap

2023-07-02 20:55
Stanley Tucci has been open about his initial hesitation to pursue Felicity Blunt, claiming he 'didn't want to feel old'
Who is Stanley Tucci's wife? Actor, 62, once wanted to end romance with Felicity Blunt over huge age gap

LONDON, UK: Stanley Tucci, who starred in blockbusters including 'The Devil Wears Prada', 'Julie & Julia', and the BBC drama 'Inside Man', kept us occupied throughout lockdown with his classy cocktail demonstrations. However, many people are curious about the woman who is behind the lens. Tucci's wife, Felicity Blunt, has a lucrative career and a famous sibling.

Tucci has admitted that he almost lost his shot at happiness with his wife, who happens to be the sister of his 'The Devil Wears Prada' co-star Emily Blunt. Tucci initially had his doubts about dating a much younger woman. Since he is 21 years older than Felicity, a literary agent, Tucci, 62, claims he thought about ending their relationship, as per Daily Mail.

Who is Felicity Blunt?

Felicity is a literary agent with the British talent agency Curtis Brown, where she represents writers and their books to publishers and production companies. She has collaborated with a number of best-selling authors, such as Danielle Steel, Ann Patchett, and Jennifer Egan, and has worked out deals for the adaptation of her authors' work into different forms. Felicity states on Curtis Brown's website, "My fiction tastes are broad but are unified by my desire to represent unique stories and smart voices."

The family includes other A-list celebrities besides Tucci. Emily Blunt, best known for her roles in the blockbuster films 'A Quiet Place' and 'Mary Poppins Returns', is Felicity's younger sister. Moreover, the younger Blunt is married to 'The Office' actor, John Krasinski.

How did Felicity and Stanley meet?

Felicity and Tucci first met at 'The Devil Wears Prada' premiere in 2006, where Tucci co-starred with Emily alongside Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep. Tucci attended the premiere with his then-wife Kate, who was receiving treatment for breast cancer. The actor from 'Citadel' told Marc Maron in 2021, "[Felicity] and Kate talked at the premiere that night and I have a photo of them together, which is so odd." Kate died of breast cancer in April 2009.

Tucci and Felicity ran into each other again in 2010, for Emily and Krasinski's wedding at George Clooney's home in Lake Como, Italy. Soon after, they began dating. They were married twice: once privately in the summer of 2012 and then publicly on September 29, 2012, both in London.

The actor and his literary agent wife are parents to Emilia Giovanna, born on April 19, 2018, and Matteo Oliver, who was born on January 25, 2015. She is also the stepmother of Camilla, Nicolo, and Isabel, the fraternal twins from Tucci's first marriage. The pair keeps their family life extremely private and has mostly kept their children out of the public eye.

Felicity has always been at Stanley's side

Felicity made three appearances on 'Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy', a CNN program that followed the actor as he visited Italy and tried the cuisine there. Also, the two collaborated on the 2014 cookbook 'The Tucci Table: Cooking With Family and Friends'.

In 2021, Tucci revealed that he had received an oral cancer diagnosis a few years earlier. In a subsequent interview with People, he said that his wife's unwavering support helped him get through the ordeal. He said at the time, "Felicity's undying attention, affection and encouragement got me through it." During an interview on NBC's 'Sunday Sitdown with Willie Geist' in 2023, Tucci gave Felicity and Emily credit for pushing him to endure the "brutal" and "awful" high-dose radiation treatments that finally saved his life. He recounted, "I was so afraid, but Felicity was very insistent."

Tucci and Blunt went to see Harry Styles perform at Wembley Stadium in England in June 2023. The 'Easy A' actor posted a video on Instagram showing him and Felicity dancing happily to the song 'Music for a Sushi Restaurant'.

'I was afraid to get into a relationship'

However, the aforementioned shots at happiness for Tucci might not even have happened because the actor once wanted to end the relationship because of their 21-year age gap. Tucci said on 'Desert Island Discs' on Radio 4, "I was afraid to get into a relationship and I kept trying to break it off because I am so much older than she is and I didn't want to feel old for the rest of my life. But I knew this was an incredibly special person."

'The Hunger Games' actor added, "Felicity has been so incredible taking on a widower and three children. That's a huge thing at a very young age too. If anybody made things better for all of us, it's her. She's the one."