Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Drake's song 'Virginia Beach' sparks rumors as title suggests it is a diss track about rival Pusha T

2023-10-06 20:58
Virginia Beach is the home town for Pusha T and the two rappers have a long-running feud and have taken potshots through diss tracks in the past too
Drake's song 'Virginia Beach' sparks rumors as title suggests it is a diss track about rival Pusha T

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Drake released the track list for his ‘All the Dogs’ album on Thursday, October 5, and the first song of the album is ‘Virginia Beach’.

Virginia Beach being the home town for Pusha T and the two rappers having a long history of an on-going beef, fans cannot help but anticipate another diss track aimed at the Clipse singer.

A history of the beef between Drake and Pusha T

The rivalry between Drake and Pusha T started decades ago in 2006. In the beginning, Drake was, however, not even involved in the feud.

It started with Wayne wearing BAPE on the clover of VIBE magazine, after which the hip-hop duo Clipse (consisting of Gene and Terrence ‘Pusha T’ Thornton) aimed the diss track ‘Mr. Me Too’ for copying their style.

In 2013, Drake joined the feud when he dropped his track ‘Tuscan Leather’ with a line "Bench players talkin’ like starters, I hate it,” purportedly targeting Pusha T, per Capital XTRA.

The diatribe continued with Pusha releasing ‘H.G.T.V Freestyle’ in 2016, taking aim at Drake.

Pusha’s ‘Infrared’ and Drizzy’s ‘Duppy Freestyle’ fueled the feud. Later, Pusha revealed in his 2018 song ‘The Story of Adidon’ that Drake had a secret son.

Pusha sang on the diss track, “Your father walked away at five, hell of a dad thing,” before singing, “Marriage is somethin' that Sandi never had, Drake/ How you a winner, but she keep comin' in last place?”

He continues, “You are hiding a child, let that boy come home/ Deadbeat mothaf*cka, playin' border patrol, ooh/ Adonis is your son.”

'Drake acts like he won the beef...'

The singers' fans took to the social media to discuss the possibility of the 'Virginia Beach' being the possibility of a diss track that is a long-awaited come back to Pusha T's musical provocations.

The fans of the two singers took sides and started a fan-war regarding who won the beef in the first place.

One of the fans quipped, "I hope the "Virginia Beach" intro is about Pusha T so we can see Drake lose for the second time."

One of the fans of Pusha T, said, "Unless he’s direct or crosses a line I don’t think anyone will care that much cause pusha been said there’s no reason for him to respond unless he does one of those things lol so Drake just gonna be left sending subliminal shots for however long."

"His pride was deeply hurt. It's the reason why he cant let it go," chimed in another fan of Pusha.

"Drake acts like he won the beef...," said someone else.

Someone else recalled, "Duppy is a better song than Adidon. Push just had the shock value."

Someone else joked, 'First song on Drake’s new album is titled Virginia Beach…. Pusha T:" followed by an giphy,

Tags news