Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'But then he denied it': Kieran Culkin reveals Jesse Armstrong already had plots for many more seasons of 'Succession'

2023-06-11 19:46
Kieran Culkin said that among his 'Succession' co-stars, Sarah Snook was very sure there would be another season
'But then he denied it': Kieran Culkin reveals Jesse Armstrong already had plots for many more seasons of 'Succession'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The HBO Max masterpiece, 'Succession', ended almost two weeks ago, yet its impact will be felt for years to come. The show has received numerous accolades. Most characters underwent significant development throughout, but one sticks out for a variety of reasons. Roman Roy, a charming yet unpredictable character, was portrayed by Kieran Culkin.

Culkin revealed that his co-star Sarah Snook, who played Shiv Roy on the show, had unflinching faith that the Roy family would survive until Season 5. In an interview for Variety along with his 'Igby Goes Down' co-star Claire Danes, Culkin discussed how he learned that 'Succession' would conclude after Season 4. He also mentioned how creator Jesse Armstrong pitched Season 5.

'There’s going to be a fifth season'

The Roy siblings fought it out on 'Succession' to succeed their father as the new CEO of the global media and entertainment company Waystar RoyCo. The cast didn't learn that the series was coming to an end until the table read of the final episode, per Culkin, and Snook had been pushing for a fifth season up until that moment. When Danes asked Culkin if he was aware when he started the fourth season of the show that it was the final, Culkin responded saying, "Not really."

The 'Succession' star said, "It means Jesse Armstrong, our showrunner-writer, didn’t know. He told me before the season started that he thinks this is the end, but he doesn’t know. I’d actually stopped asking what was coming later. And that was the thing: I liked it. I liked not knowing!"

Danes then dubbed Armstrong as "a really good writer." To that, Culkin said, "He is. And he was like, 'This is just off the top of my head.' And then he just pitched an amazing fifth season and then another and another." Danes jokingly said Armstrong then "denied" the cast a fifth season, which he claimed to have predicted.

Culkin said, "Then denied. He kept us guessing the whole time. There were some of us that were so sure that there was not going to be another season. Sarah Snook, the entire time, until the very end was like, 'There’s going to be a fifth season.' And had very clear ideas on what it was. And it was after the table read for the final episode, he told us."

Danes further enquired if Armstrong ever gave a reason the show did not continue to Season 5. Culkin explained Armstrong's satisfaction, saying, "He felt like the story was complete, and creatively that was it? He’s like, 'I feel like it’s complete.' I feel like he’s satisfied as a writer."

What is the plot of 'Succession'?

'Succession' was created by Armstrong and has a total of four seasons that aired from June 3, 2018, to May 28. The drama tells the story of the Roy family, owners of the media giant Waystar RoyCo. Logan Roy, the family patriarch who struggles with his declining health, is the main character of the story. As the plot develops, Logan's four children—Connor, Kendall, Roman, and Shiv—each of whom has a unique connection to the business—confront the approaching reality of their father's absence and get into a bitter power struggle for supremacy and control of the corporation.

Tags news epcelebs