Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Where is Williams Alma Miller now? NBC 'Dateline' explores Rebekah Gould's murder that took 16 years to crack

2023-06-03 08:23
The two-hour episode of ‘Dateline’ explores the case of Rebekah Gould who was murdered in 2004
Where is Williams Alma Miller now? NBC 'Dateline' explores Rebekah Gould's murder that took 16 years to crack

GUION, ARKANSAS: ‘Dateline’ is back with another thrilling and captivating true crime murder story. This time the show throws light on the case of a young girl named Rebekah Gould who was brutally murdered by her boyfriend’s cousin; Williams Alma Miller was sentenced to 40-years in prison for the crime. The NBC show will delve into Miller’s capture and his arrests.

The two-hour episode of ‘Dateline’ explores the case of Rebekah Gould who was murdered in 2004 and whose killer was captured 16 years into the investigation. Miller confessed to attacking the young girl at his cousin Casey McCullough’s home. Miller then lived in Cottage Grove, Oregon.

This episode titled “Secrets in the Ozarks” also features exclusive interviews with Rebekah’s family members and other key players in the case. The description of the episode according to NBC reads, “When the body of 22-year-old college student Rebekah Gould is found a week after she vanished, theories about her murder run rampant through the Arkansas Ozarks. It would take over 16 years and a fresh look at the case to uncover the truth."

Who is Williams Alma Miller?

Williams Alma Miller, 44, was arrested for the first-degree murder of Rebekah Gould using a piano leg. He confessed to murdering her while attacking her at his cousin/Rebekah’s boyfriend Casey McCullough's home.

He said he concealed his Chevrolet pickup in the field behind the house and knocked on the front door. Gould let him inside to use the phone. He pretended to use the phone and Rebekah went back to a bedroom. He then retrieved a piano leg from the living room and entered Rebekah’s room and struck her several times. He wrapped her body in a blanket, put her in his pickup and abandoned the body alongside Arkansas 9. After trial in court, he was sentenced to 40 years in prison with eligibility for parole after 30 years

Williams Alma Miller’s confession to Rebekah’s family

After Judge Weaver asked Miller how he felt after Rebekah’s father addressed him with an emotional statement and the impact it had on her family, Miller responded by saying "sorry". He told the judge that he needed to address her family members. He turned around, looked down, and said, “I’m sorry for what I’ve done. I know you’ll never forgive me for what I’ve done, but I wish I could go back and change what I did."

When the judge delivered his 40-year sentence, he told Miller, “I hope you serve every day of those 40 years. I won’t be sitting here when you come up for parole, but if I was, I’d write a letter opposing it. In my opinion, you are remorseless and cold."

Where is Williams Alma Miller now?

Williams Alma Miller was captured on November 7, 2020, sixteen years after Rebekah’s murder. He was questioned and arrested by Mike McNeil, an investigator with the Arkansas State Police. His arrest was followed with several judicial processes, ending up in a plea deal where Rebekah’s father agreed to it with certain stipulations. On October 18, 2022, Miller appeared in the Izard County Jail courtroom where judge Weaver asked him to describe the incident. He was later sentence to forty years in prison and is currently serving his sentence.

Stream full story of Rebekah’s murder on NBC ‘Dateline’ on Friday June 2 at 8 pm CST.