Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Where is Mara Wilson now? Danny DeVito confirms plans for 'Matilda' reunion with lead actress

2023-10-15 21:59
Veteran actor Danny DeVito and lead actress Mara Wilson are set to reunite for a special project involving the beloved film 'Matilda'
Where is Mara Wilson now? Danny DeVito confirms plans for 'Matilda' reunion with lead actress

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Danny DeVito and Mara Wilson have exciting plans for a 'Matilda' reunion, as confirmed by the veteran actor.

DeVito, known for his role as Harry Wormwood, and Wilson, who portrayed the titular Matilda, are gearing up to collaborate on a concert version of the beloved 1996 movie.

In this upcoming venture, they intend to narrate the film while a live score is performed by composer David Newman.

'Matilda's reunion plans resurface after postponement

This 'Matilda' reunion project had been in the works before but was postponed.

According to The Messenger, Danny DeVito shared, "Mara and I were planning to perform Matilda live with the New Jersey Philharmonic Orchestra just before the strike hit. We had it all set, but after the strike hit, we couldn’t proceed because it would be seen as a promotion for a movie. However, we’re still planning to do that. We’re going to watch the movie with David Newman’s score and try to do it sometime soon, as it seems the strike may be coming to an end, I hope," per DailyMail.com

Danny DeVito's confirmation of this project has excited fans of the film, as the idea of a 'Matilda' reunion with DeVito and Mara Wilson has long been a source of nostalgia and anticipation.

In the wake of this exciting news, Danny DeVito also reflected on his iconic career, which has spanned nearly five decades in Hollywood.

While he's enjoyed a successful career, he acknowledged that he never became a traditional "leading man" in Hollywood, but he is perfectly content with his unique path.

DeVito made his feature film debut in the 1975 Best Picture winner, 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest', and he has since become a beloved figure in the industry.

His career boasts a diverse range of roles, from comedies like 'Matilda' to dramatic performances in films such as 'Ruthless People'. However, he hasn't been the leading man in many of his projects, and he's perfectly fine with that.

Content with a distinctive journey

During an interview with Parade while promoting his role in Disney's 'The Haunted Mansion', which debuted at the box office in the third position, DeVito discussed his contentment with his career.

He was asked if he was "glad" that he never became a huge movie star like Brad Pitt, with whom he used to be neighbors when Pitt was married to Jennifer Aniston.

In response, DeVito shared, "I don’t celebrate the fact that I’m not Clark Gable. I do celebrate that I am who I am." He also mentioned his admiration for fellow actors, naming Brad Pitt, Humphrey Bogart, Jack Nicholson, and Leonardo DiCaprio.

DeVito humorously added, "You know, we all have a place. I did imagine my place would be closer to Peter Lorre or Edward G Robinson or even WC Fields."

Living next to Hollywood royalty

Furthermore, when asked about his experience living next to Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston, Danny DeVito had nothing but positive things to say about his former neighbors.

He described their private and beautiful home and how Brad Pitt was protective of his family's privacy. DeVito reminisced about tour buses with people trying to get a glimpse of the famous couple's home, humorously adding, "All you could see was the hedge! But it’s Brad and Jennifer’s hedge, and that is something meaningful. Maybe they took a leaf and put it into a book as a souvenir."

The actor was also asked if it was a "thrill" to star in a big-budget major studio movie like Disney's 'The Haunted Mansion' at this stage in his career, to which he responded with his trademark sense of humor and humility.

Danny DeVito's career has certainly been unique and admirable, and fans are looking forward to the upcoming 'Matilda' reunion that promises to bring back cherished memories of this beloved film.

Tags news