Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Chevy Chase blasts 'Community' co-stars, says he 'kind of forgets' being part of the show that 'wasn't funny enough'

2023-09-27 08:47
Chevy Chase said he felt constrained during the show
Chevy Chase blasts 'Community' co-stars, says he 'kind of forgets' being part of the show that 'wasn't funny enough'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Chevy Chase has once again stirred the pot with his candid remarks on his 'Community' co-stars as he blasted the actors and the show which he felt "wasn't funny enough for" him.

During his chat on Marc Maron's 'WTF' podcast, the 79-year-old actor said he "felt a little bit constrained" during the show in which he played the character Pierce Hawthorne, a millionaire bigot.

Chevy Chase 'didn't want to be surrounded' by his 'Community' co-stars

Talking about the show in which Chase starred for four seasons, he said, "Everybody had their bits, and I thought they were all good. It just wasn’t hard-hitting enough for me."

"I didn’t mind the character. I just felt that it was … I felt happier being alone. I just didn’t want to be surrounded by that table, every day, with those people. It was too much," the 'Saturday Night Live' star added.

Chevy Chase was fired from 'Community' show

Following his alleged misbehavior on the set, Chase was fired from the show in 2014.

On the podcast, he addressed the issue saying that he does not hold any grudges against the popular TV series' creator Dan Harmon for making him leave, according to OK Magazine.

"I have no idea if we’re OK. I’ve never been not OK. He’s kind of a p*****. He’s angry. He called and said he was sorry. I love him now," said the 'National Lampoon’s European Vacation'.

"I don’t think people really felt that way. I don’t know what my reputation was among people. I just always assumed I was OK," he added.

In a 2018 piece for the New Yorker, Harmon talked about Chase's alleged misbehavior toward Donald Glover, also known as Childish Gambino on the show.

Glover claimed that Chase was racist toward him and called him the "N-word".

"Chevy was the first to realize how immensely gifted Donald was, and the way he expressed his jealousy was to try to throw Donald off," Harmon claimed at the time.

"I remember apologizing to Donald after a particularly rough night of Chevy’s non-PC verbiage, and Donald said, ‘I don’t even worry about it,' " he added.

Chevy Chase previously criticized the sitcom

Chase has previously slammed the sitcom in which he starred alongside Glover, Joel McHale, Danny Pudi, Gillian Jacobs, Yvette Nicole Brown, Alison Brie, and Ken Jeong.

In an audio recording obtained by Celebuzz in 2012, Chase allegedly told Harmon, "It’s just a f*****g mediocre sitcom! I want people to laugh and this isn’t funny."

"It ain’t funny to me because I’m 67 years old, and I’ve been doing this a long time. I’ve been making a lot of people laugh — a lot better than this," he added.

Tags news