Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Were Cory Monteith and Lea Michele engaged? 'Glee' star posts tribute for ex and co-star on his 10th death anniversary

2023-07-14 18:59
Cory Monteith was found dead in a hotel on July 13, 2013, due to a fatal heroin and alcohol overdose
Were Cory Monteith and Lea Michele engaged? 'Glee' star posts tribute for ex and co-star on his 10th death anniversary

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'Glee' star Lea Michele took to social media to honor her former co-star Cory Monteith on the 10th anniversary of his shocking death. In a heartfelt tribute, the actress posted a message honoring Monteith's memory and reflecting on their time together.

Monteith, whom Michele had been dating since 2012, was tragically found dead in a Vancouver hotel on July 13, 2013 due to a fatal heroin and alcohol overdose. Michele's tribute serves as a poignant reminder of their relationship and the lasting impact Monteith had on her life. "Hey you. 10 years," she captioned the black-and-white photo of the former lovers. "It feels like only yesterday that you were here and yet a million years ago all at the same time."

'I miss you big guy'

"I hold all of our memories in my heart where they will stay safe and never forgotten. We miss you every day and will never forget the light you to brought to us all. I miss you big guy. I hope you found Taylor up there and are playing the drums together," she added.

Michele was not the only one to pay tribute to Monteith on the anniversary of his death. Chord Overstreet, known for his role as Sam Evans on the show, took to Instagram to share his thoughts with his followers, revealing how he has coped with the grief of losing his friend. "10 years ago today I lost one of my best friends," he wrote. "Feels like forever ago and at the same time it feels like it was just yesterday. I still struggle to process all of this some days, but music has definitely helped me heal and deal with a lot of these emotions when they come up. We all miss and love you Cory."

Were Cory Monteith and Lea Michele engaged?

While Lea Michele and Cory Monteith had a close romantic relationship, there is no confirmed evidence that they were engaged at the time of Monteith's death. Michele did speak openly about her deep connection with Monteith and their bond as co-stars and friends. In a 2013 interview with Marie Claire, Michele shared her feelings of closeness to Monteith, expressing the impact he had on her life. "No one knows me better than Cory. No one knows what it's been like to go through this more than he does. Feeling like you have that net underneath you allows you to jump higher and go farther. He makes me feel like I can do anything. For the first time in my life, I feel really, really settled and happy. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world," she said.

Following Cory Monteith's untimely death, reports circulated about his and Michele's relationship status. While a source shared that the couple had plans to marry, another source indicated that they had not officially been engaged. Michele herself did not directly address the question of their engagement at the time of Monteith's death. However, in a 2014 interview with Glamour, she revealed that they were actively planning a future together, indicating their commitment and intention to build a life as a couple.

She said they "talked about children and what we would look like when we grew old and who would be fat and how we would stay thin." She added, "We talked about where we wanted to go and what we wanted to do. We were done. We were it. When you're at that place in your life with someone, you talk about everything."