Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘Today’ fans slam Jenna Bush Hager as she gives 'dumb' dating advice on show

2023-08-16 16:56
Jenna Bush Hager passionately gave viewers bold dating advice while asking them to stop going back to their exes
‘Today’ fans slam Jenna Bush Hager as she gives 'dumb' dating advice on show

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Today’ host Jenna Bush Hager was recently slammed by her fans after she gave dating advice on-air.

Hager and her co-host Hoda Kotb discussed the release of Olivia Rodrigo's new music video, ‘Bad Idea Right?’ and ended up sharing their opinion on the music.

The video features the story about an ex of Rodrigo's as she ends up at their house, knocking on the door in the pouring rain.

This prompted the former president's daughter to give some dating advice to heed before one might think of running back to your ex.

Although Hager had always been outspoken about her opinions, her recent advice didn’t garner positive reactions from her fans as they were not happy about her statement.

Why was ‘Today’ host Jenna Bush Hager slammed?

The 41-year-old ‘Today’ anchor and author touched upon the topic of “dating” and “running back to your ex.” She advised viewers to “date as many people as you can” instead of running back to their ex.

In the clip, she went on to explain her thoughts to Kotb and the audience. She said, “I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again, you don’t need to go back to the ex just to not date somebody else”.

She continued, “Well, I feel like some people, and I’ll speak for myself, stayed with people too long because they were scared of another person”.

Kotb chimed in screaming, “Yes, yes, yes.” Hager further exclaimed, “Adding another person to the mix. Date as many people as you can.”

She again screamed “Date as many people as you can!” and as the audience and Kotb burst into laughter, she continued to say, “Because one day you won’t be dating anymore”.

Kotb was shocked to see Hager’s passion and added, “You sound frustrated.” Hager denied this, saying, “No I’m not frustrated. I’m just…nobody told me that. And I wish somebody had,” reflecting on her past.

Hager once again boldly told the audience to “date as many people as you can” and not to “go back to that loser.” She was spotted with an angry and frustrated look on her face as she screamed, “Don’t go back to the loser, Olivia,” giving a pointed look alongside her statement.

Kotb chimed in, concluding the segment, “You know what? You’re so right.” She continued, “And also, don’t make the same mistakes. Don’t go back to the same type.”

‘Today’ fans label Jenna Bush Hager as ‘dumb as rocks’

Although Hager’s boldness comes with confident statements, her recent dating advice was not something fans liked.

Many fans took to social media to slam her as one fan wrote, “She’s as dumb as rocks,” while another added, “Wouldn’t take any advice from her.”

One more fan commented, “Sorry, but this isn’t good advice”, and another simply said, “No Jenna, no.”

One more of Hager’s followers pointed at Hager’s husband, commenting, “I wonder what Henry is thinking @jennabhager.” A sixth person said, “You are so wrong Jenna. You should be ashamed of yourself.”