Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jodie Foster and Alexandra Hedison: Star couple kept their relationship under wraps for a long time

2023-05-31 18:58
Before Alexandra Hedison, Jodie Foster, 60, was in a short-term relationship with Cindy Mort
Jodie Foster and Alexandra Hedison: Star couple kept their relationship under wraps for a long time

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Jodie Foster is not someone who likes to keep her personal life open for everyone. The actress has been in a few relationships over the years but went public about them only some years ago. Currently, Jodie is married to photographer Alexandra Hedison.

The two, who tied the knot in 2014, were recently seen together out in the streets of the Big Apple with the ‘Taxi Driver’ star’s 21-year-old son, Kit Bernard Foster, the Daily Mail reported. Jodie shares Kit as well as 24-year-old Charles Bernard Foster with her ex-partner, Cydney Bernard. They were together since 1993 before going their separate ways in 2008.

The ‘Panic Room’ actress reportedly dated screenwriter/producer Cindy Mort for some time, but their romance did not survive for long. However, with Hedison, it seems she has found a lifelong partner.

Why did Jodie Foster keep her love life from the public?

As per reports, Foster has been in show business since the age of five, and at a very early stage, she understood how the industry works. There was a time when people were more interested in her private life and sexual orientation than her Oscar-winning work. She was also once called a “closeted lesbian.”

From the early 1990s to 2008, the filmmaker was with Bernard. However, she only talked about it in 2007 while delivering a speech after being honored at The Hollywood Reporter's Women in Entertainment. At the time, she said, “My beautiful Cydney who sticks with me through all the rotten and the bliss.”

In 2013, Foster went more frank during her speech at the Golden Globes. She reportedly stated, “I'm just going to put it out there, right? Loud and proud, right? So I'm going to need your support on this. I am single. Yes I am, I am single. No, I'm kidding — but I mean I'm not really kidding, but I'm kind of kidding.”

‘There won't be a big coming-out speech tonight’

The three time BAFTA Awards-winning actress continued, “Seriously, I hope you're not disappointed that there won't be a big coming-out speech tonight because I already did my coming out about a thousand years ago back in the Stone Age, in those very quaint days when a fragile young girl would open up to trusted friends and family and co-workers and then gradually, proudly to everyone who knew her, to everyone she actually met,” before adding, “But now I'm told, apparently that every celebrity is expected to honor the details of their private life with a press conference, a fragrance, and a prime-time reality show.”

‘I love my wife, thank you Alex!’

However, things took a very beautiful turn for Foster, who in 2021 did not shy away from expressing her love to her spouse of nearly a decade. She received the Globe for Best Supporting Actress in The Mauritanian, which she attended virtually with the 53-year-old Hedison.

In her acceptance speech, Foster said, “I love my wife, thank you Alex!” as she planted a kiss on her lips. The pair got comments, like “You are beautiful together!!” I think I could watch this video on a loop forever and get excited every time...!!! I love you both, girls!” and “You both looked very chic congratulations to Jodie and thanks for sending such a happy picture. Kisses from France.”

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news epcelebs